Auckland SH22 run now Saturday 1 September

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
pieter992
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Pieter

Re: Auckland SH22 run now Saturday 1 September

Post by pieter992 »

Melvin. you're the only one with a problem of a RUN being on a Saturday.. we've had a few now.

as for my car SHE'S BACK ON THE ROAD!!!! see you tomorrow at 10am!!

IC3YG4M3R
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Nick

Post by IC3YG4M3R »

Yus good work pieter, hopefully traffic getting down there isnt too bad from mine, see you all tomorrow

born disturbed
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jared

Post by born disturbed »

I travelled the full length of SH22 a couple of weekes back on my bike headed to Hamilton. The road has some patchy metal areas, especially at the southern end of the road, as well as a few areas that had been worked on around rest stops etc. ALSO: There have been a number of slips so be aware on blind corners & keep the pace & following distances safe, most have likely been repaired but dont take the risk as the drops were pretty severe.

I wish I could make it tomorrow but will instead be in the process of working on my AW so have fun & hope to see you out there soon :)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

born disturbed wrote:I wish I could make it tomorrow but will instead be in the process of working on my AW so have fun & hope to see you out there soon :)
It'll be a happy day when we see you and your AW back on a run my friend! And thanks for the heads-up re SH22. 8)
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Logan
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Logan

Post by Logan »

Sorry cant make it today, engine started to head towards the top of the temp gauge after leaking about 1l/day for the last month or so. SO I think its time to do a tear down and fix the damn thing once and for all and check that everything else in the coolant system is up to scratch.
1996 Turbo SW20

Grrrrrrr!
Guest of the Club.
First name: Lee

Post by Grrrrrrr! »

Pieter: your car is bent.. it points about 3 degrees right while travelling in a straight line. Please remove it from the road until this is sorted. (it might just need a wheel alignment, but i suspect given your comments about the previous owner and drifting, that you have bent suspension/chassis)
Gen 2 GT trackcar: Used and Abused, now getting some TLC.
CL7 Euro R, the fun begins at 6000 rpm

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Thanks guys that was a good bit of fun. Thank you all for coming and I do hope you enjoyed yourselves. Here's a pic to show just how shiny Mr Shiny actually is. I challenge anyone in the club to top that! Could use that MR2 for a shaving mirror. More to follow (need to cook dinner for the family first eh).
IMG_0288.jpg

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

pieter992
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by pieter992 »

I've never had a problem with the car... drives fine for me. i'll get it checked out, but can't afford to have it off the road..

pieter992
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by pieter992 »

i had done a wheel alignment about a month or so ago. and my steering was good and stable. i did my clutch last week and then straight away i noticed that my steering wheel is not straight any more. so i may have thrown out the alignment when removing the hubs. i will get another alignment done once i get paid. thanks for your concern.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

pieter992 wrote:i did my clutch last week and then straight away i noticed that my steering wheel is not straight any more.
I'm sure it'll come right after another alignment mate. You've been making great progress with that AW, getting things sorted that the previous owner clearly never was on top of (and didn't let on about) and I'm sure it will end up being a great wee car, judging by our discussions and the plans you have for it. Hats off to you for aiming to bring an AW back to full health. :)
Grrrrrrr! wrote:Pieter: your car is bent.. it points about 3 degrees right while travelling in a straight line.
Come on Lee, he was forced to power-slide the entire way around the run cos there was some fella crawling along in front of him in a Mondog. :lol:

OK I'll see about uploading a few more pix in a minute... If anyone else has any, throw 'em in. :idea:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

OK here's a few more pics that I took:
Lakeside BBQ - Mr Shiny had left us to attend other pressing engagements
Lakeside BBQ - Mr Shiny had left us to attend other pressing engagements
GT40 replica in BP Ngaruawahia
GT40 replica in BP Ngaruawahia
IMG_0286.jpg
On the way home - where the diggers once were...
On the way home - where the diggers once were...
IMG_0296.jpg

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

And here's a few more pics my wife Michelle took:
DSCF0587.JPG
DSCF0588.JPG
DSCF0589.JPG
DSCF0590.JPG
Greg a.k.a. Bandasorus (below) came all the way from Pauanui to meet us at Drury for the run. Great to see him hooning around again with the rest of us!
DSCF0591.JPG
OK Rich, looks like Team Red has gained precedence. Not a single fellow from Team Yellow here today...
DSCF0593.JPG
Laura, with a fi-glass waka in the background.
DSCF0594.JPG
DSCF0595.JPG
Katie gives the thumbs up to having fun in an MR2:
DSCF0596.JPG
DSCF0598.JPG
DSCF0599.JPG
CJ who had worked up quite an appetite while waiting for us to get there (late again) was keen to lend us a hand on the BBQ. (sorry CJ) :oops:
Note to self - allow a good hour for a bunch of MR2's to gas up if in Huntly. That gas station is seriously nuts. :lol:
DSCF0600.JPG

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

There on the day were:

Myself and my wife Michelle. Glad I bought her that camera - nice pix Mish. :D
Nick (who it turns out has a fetish for hot milk. :shock: the rest of us prefer bourbon. but we know he's no hairdresser so we'll let him off...)
Greg, as always keen for a hoon around with us young 'uns. Good on him.
Pieter and Katie in their recently acquired magpie AW. A work in progress but sure to give them many a good time in years to come.
Brae and Marissa in the world's fastest shaving mirror. You can't even tell what colour that SW is cos it simply reflects whatever is around it. Wow. 8)
Lee in (egads) a Mondog. Sounds like his MR2 will be on the road again real soon though. Look forward to seeing it!
Rich and Laura in the Spyder with a wing. Great to see you back in the mix again mate!
Michael in his Spyder. Another man who can vouch for the excellence of the Bridgestone Potenza, both in terms of grip and value for money by way of decent life span. He's a driver I never mind having behind me either as he's wide awake and also knows the value of good grippy tyres. 8)
And of course Chris in his red hot SW.

Thanks for coming folks. I'll sort a shorter run a bit closer to home for the next one. And here's to summer!

Instinct
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Rich

Post by Instinct »

What a great run for the first day of Spring. I only have few photos for now as I managed to fully charge the SLR camera, but forgot to insert the SD Card!! Doh!!!

Laura did a great job on the video footage and I'll be posting the 'shake cam' footage soon :-)

I've also posted these on our Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/MR2OwnersClubOfNewZealand

Richard
MR2 Owners Club - Facebook Page Administrator

2010 Lotus Evora - 300 BHP of toyota powered and tuned V6 goodness! :twisted:
2004 Lotus Elise 111R Touring - Toyota Powered :-) SOLD
2001 MR-S Yamaha 2ZZ-GE Engine Swap - 189BHP / 8400RPM Red line - SOLD

Sinturion
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Alex

Post by Sinturion »

Awesome.

Charlie - you'll be pleased to know that I did a fair bit of work on the 2 over the weekend. The engine mounts are now taking the full load of the engine :wink:
AW11 - 2GRFE powered