Auckland & Northland BBQ at Waipu Cove 23 Jan now 30th

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Re: Auckland & Northland BBQ at Waipu Cove 23 Jan now 30th

Post by mickeyduck »

This will be a go. Saturday might drown the town but SUNday's sure to ease the frown..!

So be warned Norsemen, we're invading Waipu for a BBQ. (hopefully we won't need our long-boats) :shock:

(my wife Michelle's a Viking by way of ancestry so she and I would likely be quite ok in a Drakkar (dragon boat) if push came to shove...) But I'd still prefer an MR2...

We might need to send a few bullies up there in advance to clear the slips, but hey... :lol:

THIS RUN WILL BE ON FOR SUNDAY. Westgate DSE carpark at 9:30am.

My BBQ is gassed up and fetchin' to fry. The AW's are gassed up and itchin' to fly.

Roll on SUNday. Mu ha ha...! :twisted:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

fevil

Post by fevil »

Norsemen:
Run back on to Waipu Cove via Kaiwaka on Sunday 30 January to meet them there for a BBQ.
Meeting place at the top of the Brynderwyns at about 11am., then to Mangawhai and meet up with Auckland mob.

Bring food that can be burnt and a portable fire if you have one.

Non 2s welcome and if you need a lift PM or phone
Cheers

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Thanks John & Barbara, we had a great day. I love those Norsemen logos on your Tee-shirts. Real hard case eh!

And thanks to those who came - as always it's those who show that make a run a thing to remember!

Carl aka Tronic, who was getting worried for a start that he might be doing the run all by himself...

Neil aka Neiljd55 who turned up to suss out what a run was about and tagged along to Wellsford in his pristine silver ZZW30 (he had to split as he had other committments). Good to meet you Neil, see you for the Nutters' run eh?

Alex aka Sinturion and Jen in their red AW - good to see you guys as always. Stalwart attendees like you guys really do help knit things together eh!

Vitaly aka V-man in his red SW. Nice work on the BBQ mate! Thanks!

Brendan aka Beejay in his NZ-new AW. Good to see you out on a run again mate!

And Deepesh aka the tattooed one in his Toyota Aurion (4-seat version of an MRS?). We'll get him back into an MR2 yet I reckon... :mrgreen:

And of course my wife Michelle and my two young lads...
The cars.JPG
The cars.JPG (64.44 KiB) Viewed 990 times
How cool was that to see the Thundercats racing in the surf? Mid-engined Racing 2-hulled speedsters, must've been the water version of an MR2 eh? They sure turn corners like one! Here's a few pics and a wee video for yas...
BBQ-view.JPG
BBQ-view.JPG (135.12 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Mid-engine Racing 2-hulled MR2's
Mid-engine Racing 2-hulled MR2's
Racing.JPG (30.47 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Catching-air.JPG
Catching-air.JPG (24.3 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Airborne.JPG
Airborne.JPG (27.57 KiB) Viewed 990 times
And a wee vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUp6Ie56ch4[/youtube]

P.S. initial fears that the weather might not hold were eradicated by some serious sunburn. Ouch. This time next week there won't be any skin left on my arms eh. :lol:

There's a lot of folk with their cars out of commission at present too. :( I do hope things come together for everyone real soon.

And we've decided we need to do a decent run up north to enjoy some of those secret twisties only Norsemen know of. :idea: Might have to be an overnighter some time. Stay tuned...
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: