Recommendations for dyno tuning in Auckland

General discussions.
Please post in other areas if more suitable (eg technical, for sale etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please post in other areas if more suitable (eg technical, for sale etc...) Use of the General section to circumvent correct use of other forum sections may result in posts being deleted or forum permissions being revoked. Thank you.
Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Recommendations for dyno tuning in Auckland

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Hey guys,
Any recommendations for dyno tuning in Auckland?

And/Or anyone used E&H Motors Pukekohe? I went there and had a chat because they are close to me.
Sounds like it could be expensive. Which I am okay with of course if they are good.

Any recommendations, comments or experiences appreciated. :D :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Re: Recommendations for dyno tuning in Auckland

Post by Benckj »

I think the important part when going in for a tune is preparation. Make sure all the basic maintenance items are completed and engine is at a condition to be run hard. Don’t need to be using an expensive Tuner to be diagnosing problems and spending valuable time fitting things like exhaust nipples to mount a wideband sensor or changing spark plugs.

If you have a PNP computer get your VE table adjusted so engine idles ok and set your target AFR table as best possible. Concentrate your dyno time on using the auto tune functions based on these tables and getting the IGN tables correct. Also use dyno runs to check and adjust for protection levels including boost & knock.

These tips will keep costs down and help evaluate possible tunning shops to see if they will work with you on producing the best result for limited runs on rollers. If shop is not interested I’d be looking elsewhere.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

tw2
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Re: Recommendations for dyno tuning in Auckland

Post by tw2 »

I have used torque performance in Avondale for a dyno run, check my tune and some minor ECU changes on my other car. I would go back.
Thomas, 91 G, 05 E55
Area Coordinator Waikato