ICE Time Again

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
heylin
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Shane

ICE Time Again

Post by heylin »

After wasting $100 on Pioneer TSG6144R 6.5" speakers for front and rear doors (2007 Ralliart Colt (R)) and sounding like crap, im thinking of doing things right this time with 6.5" components, 2CH amplifier and underseat sub for some bass.

Budget
$100-$150 for the 6.5" components
$100-$200 for the Amp
$150-$200 for the underseat sub (Looking at MBQ 10" 120RMS)

Im open to recommendations and possibly some cheaper options if anyone can speak to Jaycar and Boschmann brand stuff that will meet my needs.

rocco26
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: brian

Re: ICE Time Again

Post by rocco26 »

Thats a good way to go.Buy the best you can afford brand new or second hand.I have 6" harmony gold speakers in the two doors with two huge harmony gold crossovers.I removed the factory sub and was able to fit a 6 1/2 " lanzer subwoofer in the enclosure and this is powered by a bridged out 2 channel amp ,which sits under the passenger seat.I have also fitted a 6 x9 infinity behind the drivers seat,with crossovers connected to the factory rear tweeters.On the passengers side i with a 6" cerwin vega [cant fit anything bigger, because of the subwoofer box] again crossovered with the factory tweeter. I got all the speakers,crossovers and amp on trademe second hand . Well below your budget . So go hard and enjoy. You will love it more than your poor old eardrums.