NZ Map Software Help Please ?

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Re: NZ Map Software Help Please ?

Post by Benckj »

Played around a tad with my new HU over the weekend to get the ShadowDash programme altered more to my liking. Entered gauge type, limits and warning levels for each one. Makes it easier to view and see when I'm running into the yellow (warning) or red (alert) levels. Can see this on 1st screen and warm-up enrichment or in last with AFR settings. Managed to save my settings this time so I don't wipe when accidently resetting to defaults.

Played with the stereo settings and equilizer. Have the sounds going very well now and am impressed with the quality as compared to my Pioneer. Will attach some pics of the functions but it works really well.

Also built a make shift screen to help with the glare that comes in from rear window and T-tops. Started with a beer box cardboard cut-out and am developing a decent design that simply slots into place when required. Still needs some work but I've tried anti-screen protectors with limited success in the past. Consider it a work in progress.
Attachments
IMG_3546.jpg
IMG_3546.jpg (171.4 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
IMG_3544.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg (182.98 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg (97.24 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
IMG_3551.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg (145.82 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg (158.96 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3543.jpg (165.9 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

Gleshlich
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Justin

Post by Gleshlich »

I really love the look of this. Can't decide between this or factory cup holders
May end up retrofitting a arduino lcd or similar somewhere into the dash to provide vitals
Current:
1989 V6 Widebody SW
1996 EK Civic Hatch
2007 BMW 335i Touring

GDII
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

Looks great Jim. Good effort getting it all working. This is a very nice way to add in heaps of gauges without going all 2000 Tokyo Auto Salon crazy with the cockpit covered in gauges.
Haltech have just released a small single gauge that can do the same as this setup. One gauge to rule them all but needs a CAN ECU to run it.
Gleshlich wrote:I really love the look of this. Can't decide between this or factory cup holders
May end up retrofitting a arduino lcd or similar somewhere into the dash to provide vitals
Factory cup holders you say! Hard decision! 8)
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

Benckj
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

Thanks for the comments but I still have a way to go. The screens shown are edited versions of the default ones supplied. When you look at what others create from scratch it really becomes impressive.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods