Important message to the owner of MR2 with rego '90 MR2'. That is, "nine + letter O"

An area for topics concerning SW20's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning SW20's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
p-we
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Northland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Wes

Important message to the owner of MR2 with rego '90 MR2'. That is, "nine + letter O"

Post by p-we »

Hello owner of a blue SW20 with rego '9O MR2':

My SW20 is red and has the rego '9Ø MR2' (with a zero). I went to get a new WOF recently to hear that it really wasn't necessary because my WOF was supposedly valid until early 2023. Head scratching and NZTA searches occurred to finally discover that my car '9Ø MR2' had in effect received your WOF in error the last time you had the WOF done. This is very relevant for you because right now your car with rego '9O MR2' (letter O) has no WOF associated with it. I'm sorry to bring the bad news but your WOF station registered your car incorrectly.

It's kind of funny yet at the same not very funny at all. Sorry about the inconvenience. I hope to meet with 8 wheels one day :)

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
First name: Al

Re: Important message to the owner of MR2 with rego '90 MR2'. That is, "nine + letter O"

Post by Alsw20 »

There's only about five people that use this forum regularly, chances are they won't see this.

This is also a NZTA and the WOF issuer problem. Once the problem was identified, NZTA should have been onto the WOF issuer to rectify.
1992 G Limited

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Re: Important message to the owner of MR2 with rego '90 MR2'. That is, "nine + letter O"

Post by GDII »

It just happens that one of the 5 users (me) knows the person who owns the car and has advised them of the issue. Thank you for bringing it to light.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

p-we wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:19 pm
Hello owner of a blue SW20 with rego '9O MR2':

My SW20 is red and has the rego '9Ø MR2' (with a zero). I went to get a new WOF recently to hear that it really wasn't necessary because my WOF was supposedly valid until early 2023. Head scratching and NZTA searches occurred to finally discover that my car '9Ø MR2' had in effect received your WOF in error the last time you had the WOF done. This is very relevant for you because right now your car with rego '9O MR2' (letter O) has no WOF associated with it. I'm sorry to bring the bad news but your WOF station registered your car incorrectly.

It's kind of funny yet at the same not very funny at all. Sorry about the inconvenience. I hope to meet with 8 wheels one day :)
I had made contact with the owner and they have had it resolved at thier end.

I'm passing on their thanks to you reaching out to advise of the issue.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/