Advice needed......

An area for topics concerning ZZW30's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning ZZW30's a.k.a. MRS / Spyder. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Scoots79
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Damian

Advice needed......

Post by Scoots79 »

Hey everyone......I am in need of advice on 2 subjects.One is the antenna.....is there a cheaper option then $190 for the mast from Toyota?Also best place to get window runners?Cheers for the help.....

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Ivor

Re: Advice needed......

Post by psyguy »

Mr Shiny
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Brae

Post by Mr Shiny »

I might be able to find out if we can get the window runners through work if you want?
“If you think the professionals are expensive, you should see what the amateurs can cost you.”

Mcdeviant
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Carface

Post by Mcdeviant »

I bought a short antenna off eBay. An auto electrician I spoke with about it said he doesn’t think it would work. He recommended trying to get a genuine original off a wreck from trademe. When I tried, the scrapyard dealer wanted $120. I walked out, haven’t tried again but maybe someone here knows if short aerials should work ok?

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Your electrician is probably right - if you look at the link I posted you can see all the parts needed for a conversion - and it's not cheap.
The antenna conversion is on my to do list so I'll have the OEM for sale... one day... :roll:

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Griffiths equipment sell aerial masts.Mine was 45.00 then just fitted it .otherwise there's a guy in Balmoral Ed Stuart who does electric antenna repairs and imports masts as well. Really good service

Wavetech imports sell complete electric aerials for 74.00 .They are Harada brand same as Toyota OEM

Remember shorter antennas don't always work well unless you adjust the aerial trimmer.

window runners. Google Basis auto parts and you can get the rubber off him to reline your runners he has all profiles otherwise they are available on EBay for 19US each. I just bought a new one
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport