MR2 Videos

General discussions.
Please post in other areas if more suitable (eg technical, for sale etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please post in other areas if more suitable (eg technical, for sale etc...) Use of the General section to circumvent correct use of other forum sections may result in posts being deleted or forum permissions being revoked. Thank you.
Instinct
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Rich

MR2 Videos

Post by Instinct »

Hi All,

I filmed this a few years ago (2008) with the help of Mark (Mint) and it's been sitting 'in the can' until last weekend when I decided to finally work on the mammoth task of editing the footage. The 'action' starts at about 50 seconds if you want to skip the intro.

Hope you enjoy :-)

[youtube-embed]_o4XRPvvhAU#t=0[/youtube-embed]

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Re: MR2 'Duel'

Post by mickeyduck »

Ha ha nice, Rich! You seem to have had the upper hand. Must be that wing eh...? :wink:

Maybe I should start an MR2 videos section on the forum? What do you think? Must be a few vids around the place that folk can post up...
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Instinct
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Instinct »

mickeyduck wrote:Ha ha nice, Rich! You seem to have had the upper hand. Must be that wing eh...? :wink:

Maybe I should start an MR2 videos section on the forum? What do you think? Must be a few vids around the place that folk can post up...
I think that sounds like a great idea Charlie. Maybe a thread for NZ Filmed MR2 Videos (I have a few) and another for overseas filmed MR2 Videos and commecials??

Also, I mentioned this in the facebook page, but how about a run in the better weather to make another 'Club Video'

Here is one I helped Mark to put together with the help of a few club members...

[youtube-embed]iTjyFZ4nync#t=0[/youtube-embed]

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

OK, let's start by dedicating this thread to MR2 videos and see where it goes from there? I can always split it out later if needs be, into club videos and videos from elsewhere... but to help it get interesting more quickly let's make it MR2 videos for a start. It'll obviously be helpful if anyone posting a vid simply states where it's from and whether it's about this club or something else...

There's gotta be some good movie makers here - sure are some good photographers. Whatchas got folks?

Oh just one thing. Please don't go doing anything stupid or illegal for the sake of making a video eh guys. Not unless you want someone to use it as evidence (doh!) :shock:

Anyway, at risk of repeating myself I might post one or two of my own here. And a recent one from Christchurch which I quite like too....

As for making a fresh video, sounds like a plan Rich. I really want us to sort a skid pan session and I reckon that would make for a great video. Lotsa laughs possible there eh...

Goodbye to Gizmo (the AW11SC that started this mess - er, club)

[youtube-embed]4y6xMiCGmSw#t=0[/youtube-embed]

The event: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10276

And here's a nice video from Christchurch courtesy of Jako21:

[youtube-embed]Ge2HZeq0y4M#t=0[/youtube-embed]

It's from this thread: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10395

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Re: MR2 Videos

Post by mickeyduck »

A trip around the Waikato with CJ and the Mooloo crew...

The thread it came from, so you can understand the context, check out the map of "where" etc:
http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube-embed]E2rzfRDjefM#t=0[/youtube-embed]

And another of our trip around the Bay of Plenty with Chewbaby.

Again for a bit of context, the thread it's from:
http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube-embed]7PLCzOmHzpE#t=0[/youtube-embed]

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

Here are a couple of videos of me racing.

[youtube-embed]LhFbAdZq6as#t=0[/youtube-embed]

[youtube-embed]dWfxJfzHKjI#t=0[/youtube-embed]

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Video

Post by mickeyduck »

OK folks. It's time the club had a new promotional video to showcase what we're into.

Here's the current club video - (Rich posted it above too)

[youtube-embed]iTjyFZ4nync#t=0[/youtube-embed]

It's going to be fun trying to top that. :shock: Here's the plan...

Each area can sort a run to do a video shoot. Get as many of the local MR2 crew into it as you can - I'm sure people will be keen to have their car featured in the vid.

In addition you could use video shot at other club events - track time, a spanner day, BBQ... whatever you think will help showcase your area and highlight how cool it can be to share the buzz of owning an MR2.

Try to ensure there's something in your video that really nails your area, like for us it might be Sky tower or the harbour bridge in part of it. Otago might be snow, if you get my drift? (ok bad pun) :roll:

You may want to use footage shot by more than one person. For example I know Logan and Rich both do good stuff here in Auckland. So you might find yourselves with a wee editing project too. Sweet. Another excuse for a BBQ perhaps?

Let's shoot the vids in HD if possible.

Upload them to youtube. Then post them on your run's thread and on this thread too so we can keep track of them.

From all the video shot by the various areas we'd like to pull together the best bits and make one video that really highlights the buzz of owning an MR2 and that shows we are a national club, by using snippets from all around the country. So keep track of your source and we'll look at the easiest ways to pull it all together a bit later.

Sound like a plan?

If we can nail how to make this as easy as possible and a lot of fun, maybe we can make a fresh club video each year? Hmmm...

Instinct
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Instinct »

OK, here is my latest MR2OCNZ Vid for the SH22 run. Thanks to my Daughter Laura for her 'Shakey Vision' filming skills. Hope you enjoy :-)

[youtube-embed]heqni9IS6kA#t=0[/youtube-embed]
Richard
MR2 Owners Club - Facebook Page Administrator

2010 Lotus Evora - 300 BHP of toyota powered and tuned V6 goodness! :twisted:
2004 Lotus Elise 111R Touring - Toyota Powered :-) SOLD
2001 MR-S Yamaha 2ZZ-GE Engine Swap - 189BHP / 8400RPM Red line - SOLD

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Here's a wee vid I did featuring the cars and the crew, with only a couple of brief bits of road footage. Gives you a good idea of the social aspect of a run. Paul's Port Waikato Run 2013. Enjoy. :mrgreen:

[youtube-embed]-HyLzUnrUfA#t=0[/youtube-embed]

simonaszakra
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Mid Canterbury
First name: Simon

Post by simonaszakra »

at Ruapuna a while ago.
20v blacktop

[youtube-embed]0ISN-bRhRrM#t=0[/youtube-embed]
when one isn't enough buy 10

84 AW11 manual 16v smallport redtop
84 AW11 manual 16v redtop (Trackcar)
87 AW11 auto supercharger
86 AW11 manual mossy but to be saved
84 AW11 sneaky boi low numbers car
85 AW11 auto low kms
85 AW11 hopefully not a parts car
86 AW11 nz new sadly a parts car
84 AW11 parts car
93 SW20 GTS

Barark
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
First name: Viv

Post by Barark »

[youtube-embed]2yBMvF05M8c#t=0[/youtube-embed]

crazygerman
Guest of the Club.
First name: Mirko

Post by crazygerman »

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/szNTIRb09b0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JasonFriday13
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
First name: Jason

Post by JasonFriday13 »

From above:

[youtube-embed]szNTIRb09b0#t=0[/youtube-embed]
Jason Ross, current cars:
Project: 1990 SW20 GT, 1992+ brake swap, 1992+ subframe swap, 1996 Celica turbo engine swap, 1996 MR2 LSD gearbox swap, Caldina Turbo coil-on-plug ignition, Link G4 Storm, 161kw @ 10psi.
Daily: 2004 Toyota Vitz RS, 1.5L, 5sp
Tow rig: 2009 Camry, 2.4L, auto
Scrapped: 1989 SW20 GT, 1992 SW20 G-Limited, ex EssDub car, donor, 1997 Toyota Tercel 3dr hatch, front crash, 1990 SW20, G-Limited, ex EssDub car, roll crashed, donor
Sold: 1987 AW11 Supercharged, 1991 SW20 G-Limited, ex EssDub car

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Olaf

Random MR2 Vids

Post by ClanFever »

Take a look at this...

http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-to-get ... oyota-mr2/

[youtube-embed]z8InG6T9pxs#t=0[/youtube-embed]

Wow all that trouble for the slowest mr2 in the world... jeeeez

There's also a story about a twin engined aw11

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-goo ... r2corolla/
Last edited by ClanFever on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Kippeth
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Stefan

Re: Flying MR2 or very close

Post by Kippeth »

the aircraft engine one is great,

There was also a turbo AW11 at one last year (or very early this year) ill have to track down photos of it. The car had chronic cooling issues so they mounted a secondary radiator on the roof at a 45 degree angle. Still overheated at the drop of a hat though.