Audio advice/install SW20 1990

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Apoc22932
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Nelson
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Maximillian

Audio advice/install SW20 1990

Post by Apoc22932 »

Hi, so I recently purchased an audio upgrade after my last system got stolen while it was at the mechanics (along with gearknob, emergency wheel, medkit, map and car jack).

I'm looking to improve on the last install which used mainly stock speakers, but I replaced the stock sub with an after market 5.25"

So far I've purchased:

- Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-Channel Amp 4x75W RMS @ 4 ohms 0.06% THD
- Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6 1/2" Components 100W RMS @ 3 ohms
- JL Audio 6W3V3-4 6 1/2" Subwoofer 100W RMS @ 4 ohms
- Rockford Fosgate RFC1D 1 Farrad Capacitor (Want to run 1/0 AWG wire for power and ground for future upgrades)

I was just wondering on the placement of the JL sub as it's only 6 1/2 and I'm not really all that keen to place it where the targa tops go... I was contemplating putting it in the stock space (With some modifications), but it doesn't fit by about 1/2 an inch. Thoughts?

The Amp will go under the passengers seat with the capacitor on a custom made mount which will bolt to the seating rails - Cross overs may be located on the mount as well, or they will go into the door, screwed to the panel on the inside of the holder so they are accessible (Also contemplated mirroring the mount for the amp and placing them on the passengers side, but the wiring from the crossover to the doors is more than a pain from there.

Also running a 600CCA Battery - Was given by the mechanic as my last one had been sitting in the car for 2 years (yes, more mechanic issues) - Replaced the 600CCA on warranty :)

Any ideas for the sub or improvements on placing would be fantastic, however I'm trying to avoid the frunk and the trunk, keeping everything inside the cabin for weather-proofing and ease of access.

Thanks,
Max