Air Con

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Re: Air Con

Post by Benckj »

when the aircon is on (aka the swift) is awesome
That would make a good pic, boosted in a Swift!
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

Boosted
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Craig

Post by Boosted »

Benckj wrote:
when the aircon is on (aka the swift) is awesome
That would make a good pic, boosted in a Swift!
Its for sale too :wink:
Current: BCNR33 Skyline GTR

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

The AC in my SW20 wasn't working when I bought it so I never bothered to figure out why. 3 years later I decided to figure out why and when I tugged gently on the magnetic clutch grounding wire it was broken. It appears it got too hot from the exhaust and the plastic got brittle and the wire corroded and broke. I spent $20 on tools, new wire and some spade connectors and wired it up. I was surprised when I turned on the car that the AC worked perfectly, just smells abit funky when it's first turned on. Too bad I fixed it for winter. Although it works great for defogging the windscreen quickly.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

bgnz
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Beeg

Post by bgnz »

GDII wrote:The AC in my SW20 wasn't working when I bought it so I never bothered to figure out why. 3 years later I decided to figure out why and when I tugged gently on the magnetic clutch grounding wire it was broken. It appears it got too hot from the exhaust and the plastic got brittle and the wire corroded and broke. I spent $20 on tools, new wire and some spade connectors and wired it up. I was surprised when I turned on the car that the AC worked perfectly, just smells abit funky when it's first turned on. Too bad I fixed it for winter. Although it works great for defogging the windscreen quickly.
Awesome, I just know mine is not going to be that ;) But will check anyway!