Starting Issues

Sound and electronic gear in your MR2

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning in-car electronics. Stereos, alarms, GPS etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Wild Weasel
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Blair

Starting Issues

Post by Wild Weasel »

I have slotted my engine back into my car after full gasket replacement and general clean up. I went to start it for the first time last weekend and well it didn't.

I turned the key from off to ACC to ON, the starter motor began and cranked over the engine,I must stress that I didn't turned the key to IGN. I immediately turned the key back to off and noted that the starter motor kept turning over and somthing was still on in the injector resister pack region of the engine was still on. I can't put my finger on it after studing the wiring diagrams, if sort of throws up more questions that answers.

The car is a 1990 SW20 with a standard 3SGTE.

Thoughts would be helpful.
Blair Lawson
Joined Club Dec 2004

EssDub
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Graham

Re: Starting Issues

Post by EssDub »

STA relay in the boot... check that.

Also look at your earths.
---------------------------------------
'92 Red Gen 2 GT-S - Getting there... - 168.2kW@ 6500RPM (1bar CT20b)
'90 Red Gen 1 G-Limited (Minter for the missus :) ) - Gen3 3S-GE powered and goin' strong :D
'xx Gen x SW20...Watch this space...
'02 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Touring (K24A4)
---------------------------------------