fixed my manifold, but now my oil pressure gauge to have packed in! any ideas?

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Jonas Cummings
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jonas

fixed my manifold, but now my oil pressure gauge to have packed in! any ideas?

Post by Jonas Cummings »

hey guys and girls,
last week i had noticed i had an exhaust leak and after checking as it seems to be normal, my manifold was cracked in the usual place. following the manual i removed the manifold and had it welded up, who did a good job. once again, according to the manual the only things i unplugged were the distributor and the o2 sensor. put it all back together yesterday and today (im a bit slow, only got 1 arm) so, once started it sound much better but i went for a drive and noticed the oil pressure gauge didnt move at all. its got plenty of oil and as i hadnt touched anything to do with the oil pump or anything, not leaking any either. i took it for another drive and it only moved from nothing to the other side of the 'L' line, runs fine tho. engine has a slight ticking, had a slight one before hand just dont know if its worse or i think its worse.

any idea what this could be?

cheers guys

jonas cummings

Sinturion
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Alex

Re: fixed my manifold, but now my oil pressure gauge to have packed in! any ideas?

Post by Sinturion »

Connector popped off the oil pressure sender? It's in the same area that you would have been working.

Welding cast iron manifolds doesn't tend to work too well (perhaps a bit late now, but for next time)
AW11 - 2GRFE powered

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Colin

Re: fixed my manifold, but now my oil pressure gauge to have packed in! any ideas?

Post by *84vvt »

You have knocked the wire off the oil pressure sender ( yes you rely have) its under the dizzy put it back on and you will be ok
ps this can be a bit of a mission .
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

85AW20v
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Simon

Post by 85AW20v »

The connector slides on to the tittybit on top of the sender unit. You should feel a little click when it's back in place.This shows what is no longer connected.
http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=h ... =0&ndsp=24.

See ya
Simon

Jonas Cummings
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Jonas

Post by Jonas Cummings »

hey guys thank you so much for your help, that explains the random wire floating around :) duh. do you think i will need to remove the distributor or can i get to it underneath?

cheers

jonas

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Colin

Post by *84vvt »

No [do not take the DIZZY out that will cause lots more problems].
you can reach down from the top, can be a bit fiddle for a first timer so take your time
and walk away if you get frustrated.
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.