Aw11 clutch/open door lights

An area for technical topics concerning AW10's and AW11's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning AW10's and AW11's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Adarewyr
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Lachlan

Aw11 clutch/open door lights

Post by Adarewyr »

Hey guys, sorry to be constantly asking stupid questions, but my aw11 is having some issues:

First issue is my clutch is super soft, with a bite point right down near the floor, and then like 75% travel that does nothing, with the clutch almost struggling to push itself back up to the standard position. Any ideas on what this might be and how to fix it? My dad said it sounded less like a hydraulic problem and more like something wrong with adjustment.

Second problem is that the light that comes on on the dash to show a door is open won't turn off, and I've tried closing every door. Occasionally it will go off, but opening a door usually sets this off again and it won't go out.

Sorry if these are stupid things to ask about, but any help would be appreciated

Redmist
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: John

Re: Aw11 clutch/open door lights

Post by Redmist »

The good news is the parts hanging off the flywheel are working ok.
I have had the same problem and found a plastic sleeve within a return spring in the clutch pedal box damaged and binding.
John
Aw11 86 preface lift ( sold)
Aw11 86 face lift (sold)
GTO (sold)
Celica 97 gt4 (sold)
Lexus sc430

Cai
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Cai

Re: Aw11 clutch/open door lights

Post by Cai »

I have the same issue with the clutch (aftermarket, probably only done 20,000km or so) on my AW, except that it's intermittent. But, as it's only occasionally odd, I haven't looked into it yet.