Fixing my Oil leaks

An area for topics concerning SW20's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning SW20's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
4CylinderSpecial
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Levi

Re: Fixing my Oil leaks

Post by 4CylinderSpecial »

I think with the amount of jobs already planned for the drop I'd rather not overcomplicate with doing axles as well. My slave and master clutch cylinder will also be built at the same time so don't want to lose track and forget how things went together :oops:

The aim is to get the reseal/retime/clutch job done before November for the big trip down for the Mr2 club 25th.

Not going full hog as sometime in the future I will re-drop again and upgrade turbo etc to like a GT3071R or something cool like that but for now stock is good.

Anyway will report back sometime tomorrow and see how the pricing for the Gen3 kit goes...

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

Got my oil pump in and seals sorted. Cam belt back on and timed correctly after 2 turns of the crank. Now I just can't get my engine realigned on the mounts. Derp.

I guess I've done this a few too many times so it's rather easy.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
First name: Jabeo

Post by Jabeo »

Just paid for my engine gasket kit ex japan (2weeks) and next pay day ill pick up the oil pump seals, timing components and waterpump kit. Ive already got a full oem turbo gasket kit, 6 new turbo studs, both hoses from hell, a genuine thermostat and o ring, so i should be good to go!

Some of the boys in auckland might pop down to give me a hand as they have more experience with this stuff so might end up dropping the engine and transmission independant of the subframe by lowering the chassis as close as possible to the floor/dolly and craning the engine down the rest of the way.

Once motor is out, full reseal and timing kit will go on, then can remove old turbo and down pipe to install the new turbo and decat along with the turbo gasket kit, and will clean up all the oily components and make the engine look a bit nicer. Im actually so keen for this and cant wait to get stuck into it, its almost therapeutic working away on an engine at night with some music playing :lol:
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

4CylinderSpecial
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

FYI, engine seal kit for a gen 3 3sgte is now $395 from Toyota. Mark at Manawatu Toyota had very good pricing on everything needed though!

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

4CylinderSpecial wrote:FYI, engine seal kit for a gen 3 3sgte is now $395 from Toyota. Mark at Manawatu Toyota had very good pricing on everything needed though!
Yeah i bought mine through him a few weeks ago and it was $400 ex japan + another $385 for full timing belt kit, oil pump seals and water pump kit, so it sounds like we are all set!

4CylinderSpecial
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Jabeo wrote:
4CylinderSpecial wrote:FYI, engine seal kit for a gen 3 3sgte is now $395 from Toyota. Mark at Manawatu Toyota had very good pricing on everything needed though!
Yeah i bought mine through him a few weeks ago and it was $400 ex japan + another $385 for full timing belt kit, oil pump seals and water pump kit, so it sounds like we are all set!
Interestingly enough he had all the Gen 3 stuff already in the country! Planning to drop the motor next Thursday (got some time off work :twisted: )

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

4CylinderSpecial wrote:
Jabeo wrote:
Interestingly enough he had all the Gen 3 stuff already in the country! Planning to drop the motor next Thursday (got some time off work :twisted: )
Im shooting to have mine out this weekend, im gonna do all the prep stuff tonight and tomorrow and then it will be crunch time, however ill make sure to do it once and do it right :lol: ive got my guides ready