Need help with gen 4 swap will pay

An area for topics concerning SW20's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning SW20's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
kyle mills-brown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kyle

Need help with gen 4 swap will pay

Post by kyle mills-brown »

WILL PAY FOR SOMEONE TO GET IT RUNNING

Hi everyone I need help with my gen 4 swap I got everything in the car with a custom loom and it ran once but didn’t start the next day and I am getting fuel but no spark I need someone to get my mr2 running I have no time left to try and figure out something I don’t understand so if anyone can get my gen 4 swap running ASAP please contact me as I’ve already missed nationals because of these delays
Last edited by kyle mills-brown on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Re: Need help with gen 4 swap

Post by mknz »

If you can jump the TC pin to ground and read the codes thrown to the warning light, that can go a long way to see everything that's wrong. That aside, start checking the wiring for continuity between the ECU plugs and the COP plugs.

Here's a PDF that I've found useful
Caldina Electrical.pdf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Re: Need help with gen 4 swap will pay

Post by GDII »

Turns out we had accidentally pinched the crank angle sensor wire in the AC bracket bolt and it had wrecked the wiring. No wonder I was getting an earth signal when doing tests where I shouldn't have been. New sensor in and it starts!

Code was 12 in the ECU so it was directing us to the right place. Just never thought to look there until we got the new sensor to take the old one out and replace it.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/