Rear wing mounting plates

An area for topics concerning SW20's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning SW20's. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Murray_Miskelly
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Northland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Murray

Rear wing mounting plates

Post by Murray_Miskelly »

Hi all,

I have just started dismantling my 1990 NZ new toy for a well deserved respray. In dismantling the rear spoiler 'wing' I have found a few attachment parts that are either rusted away or are missing (the car did have a commercial insurance spray job about 15 years ago).

Specifically under the lower part of the spoiler there are two stainless? plates to the front of the mountings, and a second set of pressed metal plates at the rear holding the bolt that takes the 'plastic nut'.

I am wondering it those are considered spare parts and can be sourced separately, or are they integrated with the spoiler itself and to get replacements I would need to get a complete lower spoiler? If the latter I will have to look at self fabricating.

Thanks for any assistance.

Trotbags
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
First name: Bevan

Re: Rear wing mounting plates

Post by Trotbags »

Hi - Amayama could potentially have the bits you want and they are pretty good on prices and delivery.

This link should take you to the rear spoiler diagram - https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-cata ... /body/7601
91 Turbo, 93 G, 94 G Limited, 96 Sonic Shadow.

Murray_Miskelly
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Northland
First name: Murray

Re: Rear wing mounting plates

Post by Murray_Miskelly »

Thanks for that. I had already looked through the Amayama schematics and couldn't see the components there, so I thought I would check in case a member had obtained a replacement spoiler and could confirm that.

Cheers, MM