anyone got idea where to fix SMT gearbox?

An area for topics concerning ZZW30's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning ZZW30's a.k.a. MRS / Spyder. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
hare
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Hare

anyone got idea where to fix SMT gearbox?

Post by hare »

Anyone know any workshop fix before and know what they are doing? done lots of homework before seen the gearbox actuator might have problem. :(

thanks

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Re: anyone got idea where to fix SMT gearbox?

Post by *84vvt »

You could try Essdub hes a bit of a wizz at Manuel conversions over in OZ might be able to help
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

EssDub
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Graham

Post by EssDub »

GSA's normally go bad at the clutch line seal. They are a non-servicable part (although I have had a few seals made up, just to mess around with) and the unit needs to be replaced as a whole.

I only have 5 spares, if you still needed one :P LOL

hare
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Hare

Post by hare »

thanks, are you not in nz? my car got stuck on gear when it's driving sometime. no idea what's going on. already trying to ask around in spyderchat
http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showth ... n-driving-(

how can I check if the GSA go bad at the clutch line seal or not? it doesn't seen to leak oil from outside, anywhere I should check? thanks

EssDub wrote:GSA's normally go bad at the clutch line seal. They are a non-servicable part (although I have had a few seals made up, just to mess around with) and the unit needs to be replaced as a whole.

Hayden
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Hayden

Post by Hayden »

hare wrote:thanks, are you not in nz? my car got stuck on gear when it's driving sometime. no idea what's going on. already trying to ask around in spyderchat
http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showth ... n-driving-(

how can I check if the GSA go bad at the clutch line seal or not? it doesn't seen to leak oil from outside, anywhere I should check? thanks

EssDub wrote:GSA's normally go bad at the clutch line seal. They are a non-servicable part (although I have had a few seals made up, just to mess around with) and the unit needs to be replaced as a whole.

Maybie it's time to do a manual conversion? The gearboxes are the same between manual and SMT, it's just all the other stuff that needs swapping over.

Oi dirty aussie smelly Graeme, how much does a manual conversion for a ZZW go for in your hellhole of a country?
Current Garage Fillers:
1992 Ferrari 348, 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2008 Toyota Hilux, 2009 BMW M3, 2002 Lotus Elise, and a bunch of rental cars.

Past Garage Fillers:
Many more MR2's than years I've lived.

EssDub
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
First name: Graham

Post by EssDub »

Jeez dun h8, m8 haha :D

We do em for 3k here...

If your car is stuck in gear, its likely that one of the shift solenoids are jammed up. This can be tested by connecting a 5V power and earth to each solenoid circuit to check their operation.

Do you have access to an OBD CAN Reader? If so, pull the codes from it and let me know what they are.