MR2 mechanics in Auckland

An area for topics concerning ZZW30's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning ZZW30's a.k.a. MRS / Spyder. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Britwi
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ellen

MR2 mechanics in Auckland

Post by Britwi »

Just bought my first MR2. Want to get it serviced and have the suspension checked out. Who is a reliable and knowledgeable mechanic in Auckland

DravidDavid
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: David

Re: MR2 mechanics in Auckland

Post by DravidDavid »

Britwi wrote:Just bought my first MR2. Want to get it serviced and have the suspension checked out. Who is a reliable and knowledgeable mechanic in Auckland
There are plenty. I have Tony from Rhitz Auto Services in New Lynn check mine out. He's pretty clued up on them. He build a 600HP motor for an MR2 which ended up in a magazine, I'll have to ask him which one!

Otherwise, there are plenty of people on the forum that might be able to point you in a better direction.

Mcdeviant
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Carface

Post by Mcdeviant »

I was recommended to North Shore Toyota by the forum, but they charged a fair bit (IIRC it was over $800 for an oxy sensor and tightening a heat shield).

On top of that, the guy was a bit rude (mechanic), it took 2-3 days I think, and when I was driving off the lot, I realised they hadn't changed the sensor at all.

I wrote a big review here somewhere and was fairly soft on them, but at the end of the day I went to a Toyota service center, paid top dollar, it took two days, and the expensive part of the work wasn't done until I caught them out.

EssDub
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Graham

Post by EssDub »

This is why I do all my own work ^_^

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2