Adding passenger airbag

An area for topics concerning ZZW30's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning ZZW30's a.k.a. MRS / Spyder. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Soul
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Rob

Adding passenger airbag

Post by Soul »

Hi all,

I have a JDM spyder with the factory fitted top glove box in place of the passenger airbag,
I've been thinking about trying to swap back in a airbag since I don't need the additional storage space.
I took out the box to have a look around today and there doesn't seem to be any plugs or wiring harness which I would be able to plug the airbag into.

Am I just looking in the wrong place or would these just have not included any passenger srs systems at all. Is it possible to source the wiring harness and add it if that is the case?

cheers

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Re: Adding passenger airbag

Post by psyguy »

There's a UK based Facebook page where you might like to ask this as they have both the RHD Eurospec cars that came with the passenger's airbag and the JDM imports.

I know that in the US some people go the other way, removing the airbag and fitting the cubby, so you may find useful info there as well, the US MR2 Spyder Facebook page I mean.