Dimensions of MR-S shocks

An area for topics concerning ZZW30's

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions concerning ZZW30's a.k.a. MRS / Spyder. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
ales_000
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Andrew

Dimensions of MR-S shocks

Post by ales_000 »

Hi team,

I'm not the owner of an MR-S at present, though I'm keen to sort a 2ZZ swapped MR-S as/when cashflow allows.

For the time being I drive an AE111 BZR and one of the issues with them being superstrut cars is a lack of suspension options.

I've heard that MR-S rear Koni Yellows might fit in the superstrut shock bodies which would be a huge step up over factory dampers.

To try and confirm this I'm hoping that one of you good souls might have some OEM MR-S shocks that you could measure to help help out a fellow Toyota enthusiast. Specifically I'd be interested in knowing the diameter and length of the shock body and if possible the fully extended and fully compressed lengths.

Alternately, if anyone has a busted rear shock lying around that I could measure or that you don't need and would sell, that would be great too. I'm located North Shore, AKL.

Really any help that you good people can offer would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,
Andy

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Re: Dimensions of MR-S shocks

Post by psyguy »

I no longer have OE shocks... but perhaps you could find out the dimensions for Koni Yellows for MR-S (from a supplier) and compare that with your BZR's OE setup?

ales_000
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Andrew

Re: Dimensions of MR-S shocks

Post by ales_000 »

Thanks for the response, PSYGUY.

I've tried chasing down the dimensions from a few Koni suppliers but haven't had any luck as yet.
Koni don't publish dimensions and none of the suppliers that I've spoken to and emailed as yet have been able to give me the dimensions of the inserts but I'll keep trying them to see if I can get the info from someone.

Again, thanks for your prompt response!