flying_wedge's 2zzge AW11

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
TNR
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: TNR

Re: flying_wedge's 2zzge AW11

Post by TNR »

That harness looks so tidy, good job. Will be great to see it in the car.

flying_wedge
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
First name: Mark

Post by flying_wedge »

Oh joy - Photobucket has knocked "3rd Party Hosting" on the head, so all the photos of this build have disappeared :lol:
Consigned to the pages of history I think.
Charlie might yet get his way for me to use the photo hosting option of the forum 8)

Anyhow, back on topic, long time with no update on my AW11 - but lots has continued to happen in the last year or so.
Not sure if there's any interest in what I get up to MR2 related or the issues I'm having and needing to be overcome.
I'll post up an update if there is.

NzLHD
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: David

Post by NzLHD »

certainly keen to hear about whats going on with the car! What you've done so far was a great inspiration for me to jump on the 2zz band wagon. :)
'86 AW10 2ZZ-GTE

Malcolm
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Isn't the photobucket thing a massive PITA? Pretty sure I've been using it for over 10 years now so it's a bit disappointing for them to do this. I can see the point that they're probably spending a lot on providing hosting for images that never lead to any ad revenue for them, but I can't imagine that this move is going to do anything to get them any more users.

Anyway back to MR2s... I'm always keen to see what you're up to Mark, your's is one of the more interesting and unique AW11 builds on here :)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

flying_wedge wrote:Charlie might yet get his way for me to use the photo hosting option of the forum 8)
Yes please Mark. :lol: In fact you can edit your posts (being a club member) so feel free to drag-drop some of the missing photos onto your older posts if you have the inclination. At least a few of the more strategic ones, cos that would be AWesome.
flying_wedge wrote:Not sure if there's any interest in what I get up to MR2 related...
Damn right there is. Geeez... :P
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

flying_wedge
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
First name: Mark

Post by flying_wedge »

OK, OK, all old photos in this thread are updated and showing again :D
Added benefit of higher definition hosted here than Photobucket, so that's a plus.
It's almost a year and a half since the last update when it wasn't even running, such a lot has changed and boy is it fun to drive.
Now I've sorted the photos and ditched Photobucket I'll get onto the real changes in the last 18 months.

Ash Kelly Barr
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Ash

Post by Ash Kelly Barr »

Video with quality audio please :D
Toyota motors:
Current - 89 AW11 factory manual SC
Sold - 74 Toyota Crown wagon (MS63), Holden 308, TH400 trans

zrossa
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
First name: Douglas

Post by zrossa »

Looking forward to reading your update Mark.