Grrrrrrr!'s Sw20 Tracktoy

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Olaf

Re: Grrrrrrr!'s Sw20 Tracktoy

Post by ClanFever »

What's it's current shape and condition regarding the whole lot, still running etc? Photos?
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Grrrrrrr!
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Lee

Post by Grrrrrrr! »

It was driven to where it parked, rego on hold. WOF long expired. To get back on the road legally you'd need a MSNZ licence, and get it checked over by a MSNZ scrutineer to be able to get a WOF. I haven't checked, but i'd assume the harnesses are expired and need replacing. Seats are faded but probably fine to use. Some fresh fuel and it should probably run as well as it ever has since I've owned it.

TBH i'd prefer that it goes to someone that wants to strip the useful parts for keeping a decent MR2 alive. The cage is not a great example of a rollcage, i'd hate to hear somebody went and tracked it and ended up in hospital or worse.

Whiteline sway bars
3sgte and e153 with some sort of aftermarket LSD I believe.
Suspension arms with urethane bushes etc
Gen2+ brakes etc
Revalved bilstein shocks (not fitted)
And good know what spare parts i'll find lying about as I clean out the garage.

Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

What kind of money are you after? A few goodies there I could make use of. Would you prefer it to all go? Or part it out?
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

If someone does part out. I'd been in for the shocks

Grrrrrrr!
Guest of the Club.
First name: Lee

Post by Grrrrrrr! »

Mr-Paulio wrote:What kind of money are you after? A few goodies there I could make use of. Would you prefer it to all go? Or part it out?
The car itself needs to go as is, I haven't got time or motivation to pull it apart then get the shell onto a scrap truck. All the other bits can go as parts as they are already off the car. I haven't got a figure in mind yet, I'm not after moonbeams, but a running 3sgte and an e153 are worth more than their scrap values.

Car also has gen3 tail lights and middle bit, probably need a clean up by now.

In the parts boxes going from memory:
a link g4 plugin, i'll put that on trademe and post a link at some stage.
A turbo engine cover, car has a NA engine lid since its a ringer (gen3 NA shell with gen2 running gear swapped in and chassis numbers swapped - another reason i'd rather see the shell scrapped.)
At work there is an e56 LSD box that I was going to swap the selector over for RWD duties (not as strong as an e153, but shorter ratios, and LSD)
There is a spare set of turbo LSD driveshafts in pieces
a 3sgte crank, gen 4 block and head (not complete)
I have a feeling there is a rebuilt alternator somewhere too.

Let me inventory the garage and see what else I find. I'll get onto that tomorrow.

Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I'm specifically keen on the E153. But could consider the full car and part the rest not needed or wanted myself if the price works out? The engine could come in handy to replace my blown 3SGE.... :lol:
Let me know Lee. Cheers.
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

Malcolm
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lee, I'd been wondering whether you still had an MR2 or not! I could be keen on the E56 box and maybe a rummage through the rest of it. Where is it all located?