THE PRUDE - is up for sale now :(

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kylie

Re: Barark's SW now MR2Pearl's Prude

Post by MR2Pearl »

JasonFriday13 wrote:Interesting, the height stops will probably need adjusting up a little, but there's nothing I could do about the small gap down the back of the glass (door isn't straight, got a dent in it).
Good thing I had already started organising for a new door a few months back. Will check-up on that now. Thanks again Jason for all your help!
spyderballer wrote:Depending on how fussy you are there is more than 1 way to setup a cambelt correctly. E.g its common to have it seem 1/4 1/2 of a tooth out. Setting it up so the exhaust cam is retarded would be the best setup in this situation.
Statek wrote:Could be hesitation due to misfire. Then again, could be a lot of things. Best get it checked by someone.
Not this engine... OLD engine was causing issues (cambelt probably wasn't tight enough and jumped a tooth [most logical explanation])

This engine is SWEET AS! I feel much better now... thanks
JasonFriday13 wrote:This sounds about right. There shouldn't be a kick at 3000 rpms, mine didn't on both the gen 2 and gen 3 engines. I used to own a car just like yours and the only "kick" I got out of it was when the ACIS valve opens at roughly 4700 rpm.
Will check keep an ear/eye out for this... not sure it's doing this, but then again, at that RPM/Speed I'm spending more time watching the road than anything... lol
Kylie

'91 N/A SW20 T-Top (The Prude) - currently for sale :(

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

What did I do with my car today? Not a lot... fiddled with the radio a bit. Got it wet while washing my daily and Viv turned up just in time for me to give his car a quick wash too. Then I noticed I hadn't washed my wheels, so quickly rectified that... so that's about all I did today.

Washed the daily driver (family wagon)

Washed Viv's AW (spot the new wheels? Happy Birthday Vivvy, I love you!)

Then parked the MR2s in their rightful places. Was actually nice to have the driveway back in the order it should be in.
Kylie

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

This looks familiar!

So this is what happens when the alternator packs up in Silverdale... yet another costly tow all the way back to Pukekohe and a dumping at the bottom of the driveway. Good thing I kept my old one, but it needs a clean up and test before re-installing.

WHAT A GOD-DAMNED BOTHER!
Kylie

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

Oops... haven't updated this in a while!

So, the alternator was replaced. Discovered that the 91 alternator is a smidgen smaller than the 92 but we just "kiwi" engineered it to fit. Sorry... didn't get pics, but basically we just cute open the mounting/adjuster bolt hole and threw on some nice big washers and bolted it in from the other side :wink: From now on anyone that works on my car is going to be like WTF? But they've already done that a few times about the mass amount of blue electrical tape sealing up the air conditioning pump (which probably doesn't work, but we'll find out one day).

Since then, we've discovered the car is burning oil and leaking oil. Both things I don't have the time or income to fix at this present time.

Did fix an axle seal that was causing a decent amount of gearbox fluid to pool onto the garage floor.

Oh... yes... since we've moved, we now actually have garaging for our MR2's. Still am unable to convince Viv that as his car is a classic, he shouldn't be driving it every day, but boys will be boys and they want to show off their toys. Plenty of people notice his little toy too. I'm sure he can tell you all about the guy in the Ferrari and the fella who held up traffic at the lights talking to him about his engine.

Anyway, here's our two toys nicely parked up in their superb garaging:

As you can see, no space for the Primera.

So sorry about the light refraction, I have a cracked lens on my phone's camera.

Zac just had to get into the picture :P
Kylie

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

THE PRUDE IS UP FOR SALE! :(

You'll find the sale post in the "Wheeling and Dealing section.

Price is $1500 (negotiable)

Thanks
Kylie