The Barark

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Barark
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Viv

The Barark

Post by Barark »

My name is Vivian Neilson, I am an Mr2 addict, I own a 1986 Mr2 AW11. It has the current mods.

1600 BT 20v fitted with c56 5 speed gearbox.
Has had the shocks and suspension bushes replaced.
10mm roll bar fitted to the rear.
15 rims, 195s front, 205s rear.
Sw20 brake master cylinder and booster fitted.
SW20 muffler and 2 1/2" piping
Twin pot front brakes. 270mm rotors.
Rear is face lift brakes
A Mines ECU

Ash Kelly Barr
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Ash

Re: The Barark

Post by Ash Kelly Barr »

Sick AW! Mines ecu is cool too! How's the exhaust being 2 1/2"?? Going to do mine soon
Toyota motors:
Current - 89 AW11 factory manual SC
Sold - 74 Toyota Crown wagon (MS63), Holden 308, TH400 trans

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

Loud without being obnoxious, really sounds good.

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

Car sitting on the gravel today, :( but still looking as good as ever.

Hit a pothole doing some of the roads around the back of Albany, i now have a bent right front mag. YAY ME!!.

In other news, I replaced the front brakes, C+ pads, they are holding up really well, had to buy a new set of the V pins that hold the brakes apart as one side was missing, Overall, 6/10 on difficulty, first time working on twinpot brakes, found them quite nice, next time around will be much easier.

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

Installed new stereo, fuses and adjusted lights for my wof, looks like i will be having my north/south engine mounts refreshed with rubber. Have taken of my headlight covers ready for my paint test. Will post photos tomorrow.

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.
First name: Kylie

Post by MR2Pearl »

Barark wrote:Installed new stereo, fuses and adjusted lights for my wof, looks like i will be having my north/south engine mounts refreshed with rubber. Have taken of my headlight covers ready for my paint test. Will post photos tomorrow.
I think you need to start giving some credit to your girlfriend.
Kylie

'91 N/A SW20 T-Top (The Prude) - currently for sale :(

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

New North/South Engine mounts, brake and head lights working well again, Got 2 days to sand and paint the bonnet! tick tock....

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

Barark wrote:New North/South Engine mounts, brake and head lights working well again, Got 2 days to sand and paint the bonnet! tick tock....
Again - credit to the girlfriend who organised the whole thing. Big ups to SAS Manukau - they really looked after me! Got it done at below trade price. :wink: I have a special gift :twisted:
Kylie

MR2Pearl
Guest of the Club.

Post by MR2Pearl »

Viv and son (Zac) sanding the bonnet for a respray. He's such a champ! :wink:
Kylie

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

MR2Pearl wrote:
Barark wrote:New North/South Engine mounts, brake and head lights working well again, Got 2 days to sand and paint the bonnet! tick tock....
Again - credit to the girlfriend who organised the whole thing. Big ups to SAS Manukau - they really looked after me! Got it done at below trade price. :wink: I have a special gift :twisted:
You had to do it you are the office manager at the mechanic.... but why should you only get credit...

Would like to thank Wayne the mechanic, Ben the sas guy, Abdul the courier, Michelle the lady you phoned to ask then to pick up the package, mike the courier who dropped it to sas, Gareth the inwards guy at sas who signed for it, Phil who picked it up again, Abdul again for dropping it off again, Wayne again for putting them in. I would like to thank gull for the gas to get me to and from the mechanic, telecom spark for helping with communication, the energy companies that host my house, the workshop, sas workshop.

If i have missed you out please PM me and i will add you to the list.

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

Birthday yesterday.... Finally got some new non-buckled wheels! Ready for the raglan run. Pulled apart my door, apparently my passenger window only goes down from the drivers side switch and only up from the passengers side, the opposite directions don't trigger the relay which is a bit weird. might replace the door management box and see what happens.

Sinturion
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Alex

Post by Sinturion »

Most likely the door switches themselves - common problem on the AWs
AW11 - 2GRFE powered

Barark
Guest of the Club.

Post by Barark »

Not a lot to report, apart from upkeep i havent done alot, completely swamped between uni and work.

Update on the car:
- Full service
- New Belts
- Fixed wiring in windows and indicator

New Problems:
- Either the front engine mount that was done, was done badly, OR the engine is not mounted properly. I have had all engine monts desintergate and the mechanic seems to think it may be the engine is in the wrong place.
- 3000 rpm problem is back again on a different ecu. Might have to run on the Mines tuned ECU.

Thats all for now!

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

^^blame the girlfriend.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods