4AGZTE winter project

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
feral4mr2
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: John

Re: 4AGZTE winter project

Post by feral4mr2 »

Hi, looong time since i've posted on this forum.

Just wondering how you were going with the twincharge? I did my 2nd aw11 twincharger a few months back (1st one was back in '07), been having fun running 25psi max, but need to get it to the city (720k's from me) and get tuned properly on the dyno.
this one i am running a stock sc12 with a gt2871r turbo. have moved the TB on top of the gze inlet manifold and using a external wastegate as a bypass for idle and throttle closed. using a ems 4424 v4 for engine managment and running true compound with out switching off or bypassing the supercharger. i've twin intercooled with this setup as well.
would love to buy a eaton m62 blower one day if i can afford it.

look forward to seeing yours running. :)

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: mike

Post by Mike n Rochelle »

I was looking at the your pic and realized that I added you on FB and on the 4agzte group. :D

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

I have not updated on here in ages but the car is still happening slowly most of the updates, Flip flopping on spec and pics of the build are on my 4agze page of faceballs...... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530394583907825/

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

AWesome. Another "closed" Facebook group where you can't see anything unless you first join the group. :roll:

How about a few updates here Mike? :wink:

And John a link to any online info about your Aussie twin charger would be really cool too mate...
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Yea that was intended to cut down on spammers on the page but is a pain in the ass. I will get some updates on here sometime soon.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Yes please. :mrgreen:

This is one build that'd be SUPER AWesome to have documented here in some detail Mike. :D
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

The mockup and progress on plumbing as it stands at the moment. As it sits the setup is Intake to IC into SC out to WTA to Plenum, Quads then engine. This might change back yet but at the moment this is the setup. The wheel in the background is one of the ones going on the car once they are cleaned up 17x7 +20 in the rear and +43 front so they sit perfect in the guards so they were a good score. I also have some 15's that I will probably put semi slicks on.
The mockup and progress on plumbing as it stands at the moment. As it sits the setup is Intake to IC into SC out to WTA to Plenum, Quads then engine. This might change back yet but at the moment this is the setup. The wheel in the background is one of the ones going on the car once they are cleaned up 17x7 +20 in the rear and +43 front so they sit perfect in the guards so they were a good score. I also have some 15's that I will probably put semi slicks on.
Genuine HKS headers and turbo from the HKS twincharge kit that they made.
Genuine HKS headers and turbo from the HKS twincharge kit that they made.
Bottom of the photo you can see the IC pipe coming though the firewall and the primer coated hole is where the WTA outlet comes out to go into the plenum.
Bottom of the photo you can see the IC pipe coming though the firewall and the primer coated hole is where the WTA outlet comes out to go into the plenum.
WTA will be mounted here when done and as you can see the inlet is running along the back of the fire wall and through the hole on the RH side that the loom would have used.The Red canister will be the overflow bottle for the WTA.
WTA will be mounted here when done and as you can see the inlet is running along the back of the fire wall and through the hole on the RH side that the loom would have used.The Red canister will be the overflow bottle for the WTA.