My '92 G Limited

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
DominicNZ
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Dominic

My '92 G Limited

Post by DominicNZ »

Not a bad idea to pay this forum another visit!
Since getting my baby a few months ago I've had my ups and downs with it.
Unfortunately it's an auto, but I've had a fun 3000kms out of it so far.
Things I've done/had done to it include:
-Replacing rocker cover gasket (oil leak fixed)
-Welded new exhaust tips
-Replaced head unit
-Replaced two rear speakers (original 1992 subs, completely blown)
-Alternator belt (which actually snapped on me out of the blue!)
Thought everyone here would appreciate some photos I've gathered throughout my ownership. All photos are mine.
I've scaled down the photos to save upload time.
Any other North Shore, Auckland drivers out there? Let me know if you've seen me. I only see a few regular two's around here.

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Re: My '92 G Limited

Post by Benckj »

Nice, car looks very orginal and well looked after. One of my favourite colours, steel mist blue.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

Mr Shiny
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Brae

Re: My '92 G Limited

Post by Mr Shiny »

Hi Dominic! Yeah there's a few of us Shore drivers around. You might not see me around much as my SW is no longer a daily driver & spends most of the time sitting in the garage looking pretty :mrgreen:
But when I do get it out I do like to drive it a bit hard :D (Eh Brandon. Hehe :twisted: )
Anyway if I am out & about, here's my SW. I'll more than likely be at the next Caffeine & Classics on the 26th.
ME.jpeg
ME.jpeg (485.87 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
“If you think the professionals are expensive, you should see what the amateurs can cost you.”