David's '92 Toyota MR2 GT-S Turbo!

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
DravidDavid
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: David

Re: David's '92 Toyota MR2 GT-S Turbo!

Post by DravidDavid »

Swampy wrote:If any Bridgestone branches you speak to don't want to do you a good deal then there's deals to be had on yahoo japan auctions through ml racing. Granted you'll have to wait a couple of months for shipping but I got 4x new pirellis for the price of 2 retail in nz.
This is a great idea. I never thought of it. Were the tyres you got brand new?

I saw Toyo T1R 245s on TradeMe for sale, almost hit buy until I asked about the age of tyre. They were 10 years old. :shock:

Swampy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: James

Re: David's '92 Toyota MR2 GT-S Turbo!

Post by Swampy »

DravidDavid wrote:
Swampy wrote:If any Bridgestone branches you speak to don't want to do you a good deal then there's deals to be had on yahoo japan auctions through ml racing. Granted you'll have to wait a couple of months for shipping but I got 4x new pirellis for the price of 2 retail in nz.
This is a great idea. I never thought of it. Were the tyres you got brand new?

I saw Toyo T1R 245s on TradeMe for sale, almost hit buy until I asked about the age of tyre. They were 10 years old. :shock:
They were brand new, and they advertise the year of manufacture too so you won't be buying perished rubber.
In the shed: 91 MR2 G-Limited, 95 Subaru Impreza WRX
In the front of the shed: 95 Corolla
In the driveway: 00 Subaru Legacy Lancaster
In the rear view: 87 Honda Prelude, 94 Nissan Serena, 04 Swift
~ 4 Runs ~