Myeyehurts' MR2 With Quad Throttles

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Re: Myeyehurts' MR2 With Quad Throttles

Post by GDII »

They are 17" but not sure of the offset plus they look pretty chunky. Also these are custom adapter brackets rather than the ones you get from Wolfkatz or DeltaV. Not sure what the difference is.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

myeyehurts
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Neil

Post by myeyehurts »

JasonFriday13 wrote:
myeyehurts wrote:I've discovered my wheels don't clear my Supra TT big-brake kit, so instead of doing the sensible thing and changing for another set of wheels
Let me guess, the wheel diameter is too small and the inside of the rim hits the caliper? I think you need 17 inch rims to clear the calipers if I remember correctly. Anyway, a friend of mine (pureadrenalin on here) still has factory calipers on his racecar with upgraded rotors, pads, lines and fluid, and that stops very well. I've had the privilege of driving that car more than once.
Yeah the inside of the rim is about 0.5mm too small and rubs on the caliper - the wheels I have ARE actually 17s, they're just ever-so-slightly too small. So annoying! I've upgraded the calipers to 36T30 1993+ turbo spec, plus I'll buy some good rotors. Got EBC Yellowstuff pads from the States and some race fluid as well, should be able to handle most things I throw at it for now. Later on, if I need to upgrade I'll just go straight to a Wilwood setup I think.

85AW20v
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Simon

Post by 85AW20v »

If it's only 0.5mm, file off the outside of the caliper where its touching.