1990 GLTD TURBO

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
ALZ
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Alan

Re: 1990 GLTD TURBO

Post by ALZ »

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Ross

Post by chief1eye »

What turbo are you running on that Motor? I saw a photo with large intake air pipe feeding the turbo. How did you set up your air intake. Is that in a cold box? not sure if thats the correct terminology?

Just doing the final setup on my engine rebuild, which will involve actually swapping the intercooler to the passenger side and the air intake to the drivers side. ( its the way the turbo is orientated since its a twin scroll reverse rotation). So keen to try and get some cold air to feed the engine as all of us now. Trying to get enough cool air into the engine bay is difficult. Cheers

Will you run meth/water injection and what boost will you have dialed up for that turbo?

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

ALZ wrote:
chief1eye wrote:What turbo are you running on that Motor? I saw a photo with large intake air pipe feeding the turbo. How did you set up your air intake. Is that in a cold box? not sure if thats the correct terminology?

It's a TO4 - top mounted, my intentions aren't big with this setup. Maybe hit 14-16psi, It's going to be a street/everyday setup really so not aiming for high hp. The intake setup is the usual setup but if I had the opportunity to use the setup your using I would love to put the intercooler in the boot with the exhaust out the left vent...
Sorry bud had something on when typing up the last message, But yeah like I said man i will only be running a street set up, so no water / meth injection or Nos lol, It won't be my everyday car but will treat it with TLC when up and running... I haven't had the best of luck with Mr2s in my life but the love for them is definitely unconditional and I think I'll never stop trying to get one exactly the way I like :) :) :)

Anyway I'm in Auckland, where in the country are you?

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

I'm in Tauranga , I'm planning to go on the Raglan run. Had to change my setup slightly because I found I can't replumb the intercooler to the passengwers side because of the fuel filler pipe is in the way. So its a gonna be a reroute of the air feed so it will come from that side and the intercooler will end up staying on the drivers side. I decided to just go all out and spend the $$$ on how I wanted to set up the car. Very much like the look of your baby!

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

chief1eye wrote:I'm in Tauranga , I'm planning to go on the Raglan run. Had to change my setup slightly because I found I can't replumb the intercooler to the passengwers side because of the fuel filler pipe is in the way. So its a gonna be a reroute of the air feed so it will come from that side and the intercooler will end up staying on the drivers side. I decided to just go all out and spend the $$$ on how I wanted to set up the car. Very much like the look of your baby!
Mean, yeah I'm pretty blind after the bombays hha, but I hear there is a nice drive round raglan, I won't be ready for the raglan run but when I'm done I'm definitely going to be a follower of the runs in general :)

Yeah I thought you were doing a water / air intercooler why you were going on the left, wish I had boot mount though, only reason I'd do it though will be to simply put my exhaust out the side vent ( completely forgot about fuel hha, so definitely won't be putting exhaust that side )

Thanks for the complement to but has a lot of OCD work to get it to the standard I'm chasing and has 15 D windows now, won't be changing them till I'm 100% done with the way I want my body :D

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

One task completed, Yes....

Motor in now time to get everything in order, clutch, coolant, brakes and allingments.... :)

Can't wait to after so long, finally, give my baby a wash/polish, agggghhhh so relieved and a lot lighter now...

Have a tonne of spares left over that wonderful learning experience, also quite proud to say I done all the work on my own car. Major thanks to all who I have come across that either helped me or not, still, thanks to you all...

Will post some updated pics soon...

Stay tuned

Cheers

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Hi Al

Thanks for the short block. Engine builder will give it a measure up tomorrow, should be all sweet. Your car is Awesome. The photos don't do it justice. Sweet ride. I'll be keeping tabs on your progress. Cheers - The Hornet

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

chief1eye wrote:Hi Al

Thanks for the short block. Engine builder will give it a measure up tomorrow, should be all sweet. Hornet
Hey Ross...

Was good meeting you another mr2oc member and hope the doctor comes back with positive news... Hope your trip up and home went well...

uote="chief1eye"]Hi Al

Your car is Awesome. The photos don't do it justice. Sweet ride. I'll be keeping tabs on your progress. Cheers - The Hornet[/quote]

Thanks for that man, I know I'm far behind with tech ( android cams ), hopefully I can get my car running well enough to handle a run this year...

Cheers stay in touch

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

Sorry had to redo previous msg...
chief1eye wrote:Hi Al

Thanks for the short block. Engine builder will give it a measure up tomorrow, should be all sweet. Hornet
Hey Ross...

Was good meeting another mr2oc member and hope the doctor comes back with positive news... Hope your trip up and home went well...
chief1eye wrote: Your car is Awesome. The photos don't do it justice. Sweet ride. I'll be keeping tabs on your progress. Cheers - The Hornet
Thanks for that man, I know I'm far behind with tech, yeah hopefully I can get my car running well enough to handle a run this year...

Cheers stay in touch

ALZ
Guest of the Club.

Post by ALZ »

20170708_082314.jpg
20170708_082403.jpg