My 2nd Mr2

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Phill

Re: My 2nd Mr2

Post by GDII »

That's good you managed to get them to fit.

I have turbo mounts on my NA and they bolt up fine. I ordered turbo inserts for it and the front and rear are the same. The rear NA seems to look the same but I wasn't sure if they are exactly the same on the size but you confirm it fits. :)

They are a good solution to reduce engine movement. Only down side is at idle you get more vibration in the cabin but that is only annoying if you sit in the car for long periods with it idling only.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/

blown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Anthony

Re: My 2nd Mr2

Post by blown »

GDII wrote:That's good you managed to get them to fit.

I have turbo mounts on my NA and they bolt up fine. I ordered turbo inserts for it and the front and rear are the same. The rear NA seems to look the same but I wasn't sure if they are exactly the same on the size but you confirm it fits. :)

They are a good solution to reduce engine movement. Only down side is at idle you get more vibration in the cabin but that is only annoying if you sit in the car for long periods with it idling only.
Yep well considering the turbo inserts I bought from twosrus didn't fit and I couldn't confirm if pre 93 turbo mounts were 83mm I decided to buy the inserts. Both of my front and rear mounts are split (probably from the torque :) ) so my plan is to fill the mounts with polyurethane then slap the inserts in. My thinking is the inserts will keep the polyurethane from falling out if not the inserts should compensate
Anthony

1990 Mr2 sw20 V6 3VZ-FE swapped
Sold: 1989 Aw11 Hard top S/C Auto -> Manual conversion.