My First 'Real' Car

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
ThatWhiteMR2
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: James

My First 'Real' Car

Post by ThatWhiteMR2 »

Haha actually discovered you guys because Olaf served me today at a BP station and complimented my car, little did I know he was about to invite me into the world of MR2 owners.

Can't wait to meet more MR2 guys (already met a few who have stopped by to talk when I'm parked up somewhere), speaking of which, Olaf told me there was a meet on February 26th at 11:00am. I don't have Facebook so he couldn't invite me to the group, can anybody here give me all the info I'm gonna need to know to show up? :)

If you wanna have a look at mine anyway pop over to my Instagram, @thatwhitemr2, http://www.instagram.com/thatwhitemr2/, lemme know what ya think! She's sure as hell a lot more fun than my Sprinter I had before her hahaha.

-James

Gleshlich
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Justin

Re: My First 'Real' Car

Post by Gleshlich »

You live down Knights Road right? I see you driving down my street near Hutt Intermediate
Current:
1989 V6 Widebody SW
1996 EK Civic Hatch
2007 BMW 335i Touring

ThatWhiteMR2
Guest of the Club.

Post by ThatWhiteMR2 »

Nope, I'm from around Johnsonville area however I am often in the Hutt, I've seen your wide body MR2 a few times and it looks gorgeous, I'd love to get an aftermarket bodykit for mine sometime. Looks clean man!

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

Hey James, glad you could make it to the forum! Take a look at this topic here for more details on the 26th of Feb event http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13909

As you will find, this forum is a treasure trove of information and inspiration. Get browsing, and get posting! Don't be afraid to ask questions and to offer any advice you might have.
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

ThatWhiteMR2
Guest of the Club.

Post by ThatWhiteMR2 »

Never been here before tonight but loving it so far! I'll see ya on the 26th. 8)

Can we bring +1 MR2 owners who aren't a part of the club yet too?? Got another mate who hasn't gotten involved just yet who I plan to tell soon haha.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

ThatWhiteMR2 wrote:I'll see ya on the 26th. 8)

Can we bring +1 MR2 owners who aren't a part of the club yet too?? Got another mate who hasn't gotten involved just yet who I plan to tell soon haha.
That's totally SWeet as. Just be sure to read the club's rules regards runs first eh, stickied at the top of the Events section.
There's a lot of good folk down Welly way, you'll have a ball.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted: