Kipp's sdub

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Kipp
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kipp

Re: 96 revision 4 - perfection

Post by Kipp »

Just finished installing new speakers all round. I test one of the back speakers, which worked and then continued ton install the second back speaker. Once I had finished that I tried to test that one, but unfortunately no noise was coming from any of the speakers at all.

I believe all the wiring is okay, but I don't want to pull everything apart again to check if there's something else I can check before I do that....

Any suggestions???

Also installed a k&n panel filter which I think makes a difference - but could it just be the placebo effect?
MR2 SW20 1996 - Sold

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

If you can get to the head unit wiring easy enough test each speaker pair resistance to see if they are all 8ohm. If some wires are shorted or have an open circuit this is where the problem will lie.

The K&N will flow more air, sound louder but also allow more dirt to pass. Most likely it won't make any difference from stock.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

rocco26
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: brian

Post by rocco26 »

From my experience , pull apart and check your wiring .9/10 problems like that are basic and if you have just twisted the wires together and used sellotape .You deserve a slap in the face with a wet fish.
Check all your connections and don't assume anything . I hope this doesn't sound like your mother!

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Hey Kipp can you post some pics of the engine so we can see what that gen looks like? Don't know if I've ever seen an OEM gen 4 engine bay...
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Kipp
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Kipp »

mickeyduck wrote:Hey Kipp can you post some pics of the engine so we can see what that gen looks like? Don't know if I've ever seen an OEM gen 4 engine bay...
Bit dusty
20170711_162024.jpg
MR2 SW20 1996 - Sold

Kipp
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Re: Kipp's sdub

Post by Kipp »

Owned the car for just over 1 year now!

As with old cars, little problems always arise. This time its leaking in the passenger foot well...

I have tried doing a water test with no luck and I took the car to Smith and Smith as they recently replaced the windscreen and they had no luck at making it leak and resealed everything just in case but its still leaking.

I have a feeling it may be the air con? I had the air con on full and it was dripping right at the front of the foot well, has anyone had any experience with this or know what else it could be?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Attachments
1404185.png
MR2 SW20 1996 - Sold

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
First name: Al

Post by Alsw20 »

Wheels looking really, really good :D

GDII
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Phill

Post by GDII »

If the AC drain pipe is not connected and running outside the car then this will be the issue.
1990 SW20 MR2 G-Limited (GEN4 3SGTE Installed)
2000 AE111R Corolla Wagon NZ New Daily
1996 AE101R Corolla Sprint NZ New Selling Soon
1990 EP81 Starlet XL (Sold)
1990 EE90 Corolla XL (Sold)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sw20glimited/