Jamie16's first AW11

Want a thread dedicated to your car?
Got a seriously pimped-out ride? Building an extreme performance MR2? Post here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section of the forum is a great resource if you're looking for ideas, and it's a cool way of obtaining technical information that may otherwise not have been posted. (Members can use the Search functionality at top right of the forum to speed up finding things) Please respect others' contributions and don't diss anyone - keep comments helpful, factual, positive and polite. One thread per vehicle or owner please - don't start lots of threads about just one car. And if you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Jamie16
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Southland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jamie

Re: Jamie16's first AW11

Post by Jamie16 »

It's been a while since I was last in the shed but finally got back out there over the past week or so. Finished building up the motor, and went through the loom re-wrapping it. Also changed a few things to tidy up the engine bay. Swapped the injectors around to run the loom under the fuel rail, moved the starter to the intake side as well as the amb temp sensor, moved the diagnostic plug into the boot and basically rerouted all the existing wiring over the trans so its no longer there. Made up a new bracket for the battery, not a massive change in position from original after all, but looks tidier.
5D69F1A9-134E-4448-8450-32597F9F3CFE.jpeg
Dropped the motor in the hole and I'm now at the point of having almost everything hooked up. Got the exhaust half way done, still need to fit a new clutch slave and get some new o-rings for the coolant bleeder, but other than that she's almost ready to start!!
05D88E5D-6832-4BBB-985E-599B1FA11A2B.jpeg

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

Very nice! Make sure your slave doesn't rub through shift cables, just look at mickeyducks thread

Jamie16
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Southland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Jamie

Post by Jamie16 »

IT MOVED! After finally getting it up and running I went to drive it out of the garage, stopped outside for one last check and found the coolant filler neck had let go on me :( Massive thank you to *84vvt for his awesome helpfulness in sending me down another one to use! Banged that in a week or so ago but finally got to take her for the first drive on Sunday. Really happy with it, no vibrations, no brake pedal to the floor, no fires! No pics just yet, on to the new list aiming for WOF now!