Tires / tyres

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
GlanzaAtHeart
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Thomas

Re: Tires / tyres

Post by GlanzaAtHeart »

I'll still probably grab the wheels because as Al said, just replace the front tyres.

The 245/45/R17 shouldn't rub I don't think, I have rolled guards both front and rear.

I'll probably put some 215, 225, or 235 with 40 profile on the fronts dependent on what I can find at a good price.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. Just gotta sus them for Toyotafest now haha.
89' SW20 GT w/ Gen 4 3SGTE

"Building your own car sounds great, until you're going 100 into a hard corner, you have to ask yourself - do you really trust your own workmanship?"

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Christchurch
First name: Al

Post by Alsw20 »

Yokohama AD08s are back in stock in 185/60R14 for AW owners. Picked some up for the FX-GTV. Very impressed with dry grip. They will cost you $1000 a set though.

thorns
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Paul

Post by thorns »

Would that size work okay on a 6.5" rim as well? Believe standard AW11 rim is 6" wide?
1990 SW20 Turbo, Previously 1991 Green SW20 Turbo basket case

Alsw20
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Al

Post by Alsw20 »

Yes, just legal.