Sill having clutch issues

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Otago
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: mike

Sill having clutch issues

Post by Mike n Rochelle »

Have bleed the ring outa them and am getting a good pedal feel back for the effort after trying a one man bleeder. When I go to try the clutch i cant engage any gears just hitting a set of 5 walls :(
If I put the car into any gear and turn the motor over it has no issue moving the car no slipping but when i do the same with the clutch in it is not fully disengaged and will just uh slip a bit.
Any ideas as its driving me crazy and I need the space to move onto other projects. Getting tempted to send it to car heaven as im getting a little tired of it.
HELP!!!

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Jim

Re: Sill having clutch issues

Post by Benckj »

When bleeding clutch with clear plastic hose off nipple are you still seeing air bubbles?
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Not one might check the cylinder again and make sure it's not leaking

Grrrrrrr!
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Lee

Post by Grrrrrrr! »

Pull gearbox and inspect the clutch plate and pressure plate.

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

Got the same problem, as long as your master is okay I think it hasn't been bled properly. How are you doing it? 84vvt says: The pin adjustment on the foot peddle needs to be full back IE free play on the peddle before you bleed adjust to normal settings after bleeding .
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Mike n Rochelle
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

The box was parted from the engine and checked before fitting the motor was fitted and it worked great in the old car so unless i have managed to put the plate in the wrong way it should be an almost new clutch. If it needs the box removed i will remove the car from this world as im never doing another sw. I have not done any pedal adjustment at all so i might check that too but it has a fair amount of travel now i think. I did wonder if the fork is bent that might explain it too. How far should the piston travel when the clutch pedal is depressed?

Benckj
Forum Moderator - MR2OCNZ
First name: Jim

Post by Benckj »

Push rod doesn't travel very far from memory. Maybe 20-25mm. Can't see how the fork would be bent being cast and not under a large strain. I've heard that breaking a leg is more common. Wonder if you could poke a light into boot and have a looke? Might even be worth using your phone camera to take some pics for ease of viewing.

I should have given you a call before last weekend as I was down in Dunners and could have popped into give you a hand. If its of any use I've removed my working slave cylender and replaced with a new one. Decided to refurbish system with new parts while I have all apart. It's yours for the taking should you wish to try.
Jim Benck
90 rev 1 parts car
98 rev 5 GT- all the mods