Painters in Auckland North Shore

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
keriring71
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Keri

Painters in Auckland North Shore

Post by keriring71 »

Anyone have a good / bad experience with car painters in Auckland preferably North Shore?

Thanks in advance

Keri
92 Hard Top Rev 2 GT :shock:
91 T-Top NA 5 spd 8)

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Re: Painters in Auckland North Shore

Post by MIKEP »

Good experience is they paint your car Bad experience
They charge a lot...

Seriously though you get what you pay for ; For a total repaint it will cost upwards of 2800-5k.Depends on the paint you use and the amount of prep that needs doing

If your cars not to bad and you don't want to change color a "Doors shut respray might be cheaper. I am getting one for 995.00 on my SW20.

Best to look around
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

seagull
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Mark

Re: Painters in Auckland North Shore

Post by seagull »

Whenever ive tried to get a 'cheap fix' (around $1k or less) its come out looking like crap and i've regretted it.

Lately I went to Evoke bodyworks in Auckland central. It cost a lot and took much longer than I would have liked, but the quality came out really good and they put effort into attention to detail (like painting the structure areas under the panels as well) which I liked. And they masked the car properly so NO OVERSPRAY EVERYWHERE, like ever other cheap painter/panelbeater i've gone to.

Steve Nuich also did really good work on paint matching, but only go there if you have an insurance claim as they're crazy expensive.