Cert in welly

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
kyle mills-brown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kyle

Cert in welly

Post by kyle mills-brown »

Hey all I’ve done a gen 4 swap in my sw20 along with adjustable arms from the states and coilovers and wondering if anyone knows who to go to for a cert in Wellington? Also I have no idea about how long the process takes and I am in a bit of a rush as I want the car road legal for when I get my license back in a month and a half

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Olaf

Re: Cert in welly

Post by ClanFever »

Patience, young one! Although I know that exact feeling of wanting something now, and not later.. I feel like that's fallen off me in the last year or two. I'm glad I'm rid of it if I'm honest, although I still like to drive fast, so track days are still going to be a thing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think there is one in Paraparaumu, although I used Andy Smith in Levin at Smith Automotive, he's just around the block from where I live now. He is good, you just need to ring in and book with him, unless you find someone closer.

Once your car passes the cert (certifier may send you away with stuff to fix) they send the Cert plate to a WoF mechanic of your choosing (well order the plate to be made and it's sent there), when the plate turns up you get this attached + your car woffed (may need some things for the WoF, cert won't pick up everything) and you are ready to go. You can REGO your car right now if you want - due to Covid19 they are allowing Regos without WoFs (it may have been turned off possibly, not sure when the due date to that was)

Do you have someone who can drive the car to the certifier for you?
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

kyle mills-brown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Kyle

Re: Cert in welly

Post by kyle mills-brown »

ClanFever wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 am
Patience, young one! Although I know that exact feeling of wanting something now, and not later.. I feel like that's fallen off me in the last year or two. I'm glad I'm rid of it if I'm honest, although I still like to drive fast, so track days are still going to be a thing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think there is one in Paraparaumu, although I used Andy Smith in Levin at Smith Automotive, he's just around the block from where I live now. He is good, you just need to ring in and book with him, unless you find someone closer.

Once your car passes the cert (certifier may send you away with stuff to fix) they send the Cert plate to a WoF mechanic of your choosing (well order the plate to be made and it's sent there), when the plate turns up you get this attached + your car woffed (may need some things for the WoF, cert won't pick up everything) and you are ready to go. You can REGO your car right now if you want - due to Covid19 they are allowing Regos without WoFs (it may have been turned off possibly, not sure when the due date to that was)

Do you have someone who can drive the car to the certifier for you?
Thanks heaps bro yea I need some chassis work before cert that’s getting sorted very soon and haven’t sorted anyone to help me get the car places so it’s been a mission but I’ll see what I can do