Wheel studs and spacers

Tyres / rust repairs & bodywork / lubrication etc - please post topics such as these that are not specific to any model of MR2 here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This area is dedicated to technical discussions that don't fit into the more specific areas of the technical section and that may apply to any type of MR2. E.g. tyres, bodywork and rust repairs, lubrication etc. Please try to spell correctly because this will help people find information later if they are using search functionality. If you need assistance with your car and want to host a spanner day, please use the appropriate section of the forum: http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=35 Thank you.
kyle mills-brown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kyle

Wheel studs and spacers

Post by kyle mills-brown »

Hi all I have been looking for some extended wheel studs and 5-10mm spacers for my sw20 would anyone know where to get some quality ones from?

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Olaf

Re: Wheel studs and spacers

Post by ClanFever »

Make sure to have these installed before the Cert, although I take it you are already planning to do so. What's the reason for the spacers and extended studs? Wheels no fitty properly? It's best if you can find wheels that fit perfectly without having to do weird things with the studs and spacers. Although 5-10mm isn't that excessive, and as long as they are a quality brand, so it's good you are already after good ones and not the cheapest ones
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

kyle mills-brown
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Kyle

Re: Wheel studs and spacers

Post by kyle mills-brown »

ClanFever wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am
Make sure to have these installed before the Cert, although I take it you are already planning to do so. What's the reason for the spacers and extended studs? Wheels no fitty properly? It's best if you can find wheels that fit perfectly without having to do weird things with the studs and spacers. Although 5-10mm isn't that excessive, and as long as they are a quality brand, so it's good you are already after good ones and not the cheapest ones
Yea I’ve got 17x8 +38 front and 17x9 +40 rear I need lower offset to fit fortune auto coilovers but I don’t have money for other wheels as I dont really want to give up my old volks as they are discontinued and impossible to find a staggered set