Spanner spinning weekend (4-5/07/15 aka this weekend)

Club members can start topics here requesting help with their cars if mechanical or other assistance is required.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Club members can start topics here requesting help with their cars if mechanical or other assistance is required. It's recommended to keep your address details private and simply PM them to those wishing to attend. Any forum users may post in this section but only club members can start a topic. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Remember that obtaining assistance from other MR2 folk is a bonus, not a right. So please reciprocate by offering your time / parts / money / a BBQ and beers if folk help you out. And please don't volunteer someone else's time - volunteer your own. Cheers!
JasonFriday13
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Taranaki
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Jason

Re: Spanner spinning weekend (4-5/07/15 aka this weekend)

Post by JasonFriday13 »

Got the socket on the right bolt? The top bolt between the cam gears is free from the pulley bracket (this should already be tight), so you have to use the one in the center of the idler bearing. Basically I use the tensioner to push the pulley in to remove the slack, and put the bolts in handtight. That way you can check the timing and if it's correct you can tighten everything up.
Jason Ross, current cars:
Project: 1990 SW20 GT, 1992+ brake swap, 1992+ subframe swap, 1996 Celica turbo engine swap, 1996 MR2 LSD gearbox swap, Caldina Turbo coil-on-plug ignition, Link G4 Storm, 161kw @ 10psi.
Daily: 2004 Toyota Vitz RS, 1.5L, 5sp
Tow rig: 2009 Camry, 2.4L, auto
Scrapped: 1989 SW20 GT, 1992 SW20 G-Limited, ex EssDub car, donor, 1997 Toyota Tercel 3dr hatch, front crash, 1990 SW20, G-Limited, ex EssDub car, roll crashed, donor
Sold: 1987 AW11 Supercharged, 1991 SW20 G-Limited, ex EssDub car

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Re: Spanner spinning weekend (4-5/07/15 aka this weekend)

Post by mknz »

I was doing it right but still wasn't enough slack so I ended up putting the tensioner on afherwards. I'm almost done the entire thing now