Auckland Spanner Day Saturday 9th June 2012

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
pieter992
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Pieter

Auckland Spanner Day Saturday 9th June 2012

Post by pieter992 »

*** EDIT by admin / Auckland AC: moved this thread to Events section as it's the kind of thing this Club is all about. :D - mickeyduck

Come along and help make this spanner day big!

It will be held at Hayden's house (big driveway and lawn). Hayden has ONE spare engine for parts, and a bunch of manual conversion things. if there is anything you want please let us know in advance so we can make sure we've got it for you :) Bring cash as the nearest ATM is either Albany mall or Torbay (approx 10 min). Please bring as many tools as you can Limited on tools we have to use.

We will be meeting at Westgate DSE 10am, have a mini run to Hayden's house and then kick off spanner day!
You are more than welcome to just come along say hi and help others out. :)

BYO Meat for a bbq in the afternoon as well.

Hayden's address is
44 Rodeo Drive
Redvale

In case you just want to meet us at his place!

Hope to see as many of you as we can!

Hayden
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Hayden

Re: Auckland Spanner Day 9th June 2012

Post by Hayden »

I'm in of course! Can't wait!
Current Garage Fillers:
1992 Ferrari 348, 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2008 Toyota Hilux, 2009 BMW M3, 2002 Lotus Elise, and a bunch of rental cars.

Past Garage Fillers:
Many more MR2's than years I've lived.

EssDub
Guest of the Club.
Stomping Ground: Outside of New Zealand
First name: Graham

Post by EssDub »

Is it going to turn into a 'Fix Haydens V6 Lump Conversion' day? LOL :mrgreen:

pieter992
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Pieter

Post by pieter992 »

EssDub wrote:Is it going to turn into a 'Fix Haydens V6 Lump Conversion' day? LOL :mrgreen:
We can all stand there and laugh at him in his hard times if necessary :) but he is more likely to be running around looking at other peoples cars :)

EssDub
Guest of the Club.

Post by EssDub »

pieter992 wrote:
EssDub wrote:Is it going to turn into a 'Fix Haydens V6 Lump Conversion' day? LOL :mrgreen:
We can all stand there and laugh at him in his hard times if necessary :)
Good man :D LOL

Joseph
Guest of the Club.
First name: Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Will come but mr2 wont be available :) ill come help out

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Re: Auckland Spanner Day Saturday 9th June 2012

Post by mickeyduck »

I'd suggest everyone have a good think about exactly what they want to achieve, then consider if it'll be do-able in the available time. Though one reason this is on a Saturday is so that if someone's car doesn't get finished there'll still be Sunday to sort things (thanks Hayden & family for that).

This would be an ideal opportunity to fit that car stereo / change your coolant / oil / brake pads etc.

As was stated, be sure to bring whatever tools you can muster.

Also, please be sure to bring whatever materials you might need - eg antifreeze etc... :idea:

In fact, if you post here on this thread what it is you want to achieve, the rest of us can try to bring whatever we can to help (the right tools etc).

We'll be meeting at DSE Westgate at 10am but if you do rock up to Hayden's place a little later in the day, here's where it's at:

#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

1ZZZZW30
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Michael

Post by 1ZZZZW30 »

I would like to have my front brake pads and engine oil changed

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

You better bring some with you then Michael. It'd be good to see you again anyway.

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Hayden
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Hayden »

Oh also I'm going to have a turbo engine here for spare parts aswell. Already ripped out of the car.
Current Garage Fillers:
1992 Ferrari 348, 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2008 Toyota Hilux, 2009 BMW M3, 2002 Lotus Elise, and a bunch of rental cars.

Past Garage Fillers:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Maybe I should bring my AW with the blown head gasket and we can chuck it in there...? :idea:

Won't take more than a day will it...? :lol:

On a more serious note my wife is working Saturday so I will have to shoot home to look after the boys but I'll meet you at Westgate and follow you to Hayden's at least. Whether I can make it to help out depends on how she goes with work. :(

Hayden
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Hayden »

We can do a head gasket in a day I'm sure. The only problem is do you want the head ground flat, or just new gasket put in there? From all the head gaskets I've done so far (only on s dubs mind you) the heads always turn out to be fine.
Current Garage Fillers:

Past Garage Fillers:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

That was a very entertaining day. Thanks guys, lotsa fun.

It was raining at first so a lower turn-out than expected but we had a nice drive to Hayden's via some very scenic back roads, and the weather behaved perfectly the whole time we were there.

Thanks to Hayden and his folks for their hospitality. A great place for it too.

I do hope one or two of those wee fixes we tried actually proves to have worked...?

Essdub, next time we have a Spanner Day we need to get you on Skype as a consultant cos there's lots of SW's here in Auckland eh. :idea:

I'm looking forward to the next Spanner Day... stay tuned.

EssDub
Guest of the Club.

Post by EssDub »

mickeyduck wrote:That was a very entertaining day. Thanks guys, lotsa fun.

It was raining at first so a lower turn-out than expected but we had a nice drive to Hayden's via some very scenic back roads, and the weather behaved perfectly the whole time we were there.

Thanks to Hayden and his folks for their hospitality. A great place for it too.

I do hope one or two of those wee fixes we tried actually proves to have worked...?

Essdub, next time we have a Spanner Day we need to get you on Skype as a consultant cos there's lots of SW's here in Auckland eh. :idea:

I'm looking forward to the next Spanner Day... stay tuned.
if you want, lol.

I'll have my own Gen4 next time :D