Kawhia - All North Island welcome - Sat 9th December 2017

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Re: Kawhia - AKL Waikato BOP Taupo Taranaki 13 August 2017

Post by MIKEP »

Well lets hope this is sorted before we get there http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11897024

Id hate to have that lot fall on my car
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

Aidan.robson
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Aidan

Post by Aidan.robson »

I should be there. In the SW :)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

MIKEP wrote:Well lets hope this is sorted before we get there http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11897024
AW bunk. That totally sucks. :(

But thanks for the post Mike.
Interesting the LTSA has nothing about it as yet.
http://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffi ... d-closures

I'll take a fresh look at the route and see what we can do, but we may need to simply postpone this run until it's sorted. Might need to do something else instead...
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Nah the alternate route they talk about is the one from Raglan and it's a LOT of gravel. I was looking at that road before I discovered the Waitomo O.

This run is postponed until summer. We'll do it then, after they've had time to sort the roads properly. Otherwise it'll be like Kaiaua was with clay and gravel all over the road after the dozers have been through. Miserable driving on that rubbish. Waste of time until it's cleaned right up. In fact there's a lot of broken roading needs fixing after the rains retreat. All over the place. But I reckon this run is far enough off the beaten track that in summer it will be epic.

Due to the massively wet winter we've been having, this run is postponed until summer.

Each area that was invited will just have to suss out something else to do for the moment. I'll take another look at the options for Auckland - might go for an exploratory drive this weekend to check out the condition of some of our local roads.

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: CJ

Post by CJ »

Agreed. A bummer. But from what ive heard (not seen) shes a big job....

MIKEP

Post by MIKEP »

They have it but hidden away

"NZTA regrets any inconvenience caused by the closure of the passing lane, and asks motorists to please be patient while the repair works are underway.

Several other slips caused by this winter’s storms on SH37 at Waitomo, SH31 near Kawhia, and SH4 at Mapiu are currently being designed and are scheduled for repair in the New Year."
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Yeah summer will be better, after they finish fixing things up. It will be a brilliant run though for us all to do together, from our various regions. I can't wait! 8)

MIKEP

Re: Kawhia - AKL Waikato BOP Taupo Taranaki - POSTPONED

Post by MIKEP »

So if this run is postponed are we going anywhere next weekend or in August?

Just wondered so I can plan whether I go away or not
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Fair question Mike.

I was hoping to get another run together in time but frankly I don't think it'd be well attended. As the next run will be a local one we'll need to give people time to be ready for it. I expect a lot of our crew would have looked at Kawhia and gone" nah too far, can't afford the gas" or something whereas if they have enough notice they'd be more likely to do a local run.

So we'll do a local run but I'm going to push it out by 3 or 3 weeks mate. End of August or beginning of September - whatever clashes least with other things.

Is the C and C the last weekend or the first weekend of the month? I never can remember...

Anyway it'll also give me time to get my speedo going and to go scout out the roads to ensure they are in fact up to it.

I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to winter. It's been a soggy mess of a thing!

MIKEP

Post by MIKEP »

Thanks for that Charlie.I guess that's right .Always need to remember the 5 Ds of a run

Drive
Destination
Date
Distance
Details

Some might not be ready for it.We can wait. Though.C&C s the last Sunday in the month so August 27 this month.
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President

Kipp
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Kipp

Post by Kipp »

I drove the Old north road/SH16/ West coast road up to Warkworth the other day Charlie and the roads were all good!
MR2 SW20 1996 - Sold

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

That's part of what we call the Woodcocks run Kipp. And don't worry we'll be doing that again soon enough...

I'm thinking we do the Piha run next. Before the summer traffic turns up. It'd be a cool (possibly rather chilly) way to say goodbye to winter, having a BBQ down at Piha. It's always a good run and very affordable for everyone too. But I need to ensure some of the roads are still up to it - especially Lone Kauri.

We could do the first weekend in September, except Isaac won't be able to do it then as Michelle and he will be flat out with Rugby gear. When I think about it most of the guys that attend the CnC seldom come on runs anyway. Cameron and Joel would be the exceptions.

I'll post it up later today hopefully and we can see which date everyone prefers. Of course the weather may have other ideas anyway, come the time... :P

OK back out to the shed. Can't even get my AW in there yet, lots to do...

Speedhog
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Rodney

Post by Speedhog »

mickeyduck wrote:That's part of what we call the Woodcocks run Kipp. And don't worry we'll be doing that again soon enough...

I'm thinking we do the Piha run next. Before the summer traffic turns up. It'd be a cool (possibly rather chilly) way to say goodbye to winter, having a BBQ down at Piha. It's always a good run and very affordable for everyone too. But I need to ensure some of the roads are still up to it - especially Lone Kauri.
We could do the first weekend in September, except Isaac won't be able to do it then as Michelle and he will be flat out with Rugby gear. When I think about it most of the guys that attend the CnC seldom come on runs anyway. Cameron and Joel would be the exceptions.
I'll post it up later today hopefully and we can see which date everyone prefers. Of course the weather may have other ideas anyway, come the time... :P
OK back out to the shed. Can't even get my AW in there yet, lots to do...
Shoot up Woodcock's this Sunday, the head to Kaipara hills bentsprint, MickeyDuck.
http://www.hcmc.org.nz/events-c1r92/j1r ... Bentsprint

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Ruh-oh...! :twisted:

Aidan.robson
Guest of the Club.
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Aidan

Post by Aidan.robson »

mickeyduck wrote:Fair question Mike.

I was hoping to get another run together in time but frankly I don't think it'd be well attended. As the next run will be a local one we'll need to give people time to be ready for it. I expect a lot of our crew would have looked at Kawhia and gone" nah too far, can't afford the gas" or something whereas if they have enough notice they'd be more likely to do a local run.

So we'll do a local run but I'm going to push it out by 3 or 3 weeks mate. End of August or beginning of September - whatever clashes least with other things.

Is the C and C the last weekend or the first weekend of the month? I never can remember...

Anyway it'll also give me time to get my speedo going and to go scout out the roads to ensure they are in fact up to it.

I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to winter. It's been a soggy mess of a thing!
Caffeine and classics is last weekend of every month, I'll be there but in my Mini!