HawkesBay Meet&Greet 28 October

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
tomnomnom
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Hawkes Bay
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Tom

HawkesBay Meet&Greet 28 October

Post by tomnomnom »

Hi guys,

Thought the bay needed a club meet up, there's a few of us around here now.

This will just be a chance to meet fellow enthusiasts in the area and have a few yarns, see how many of us there are and admire others rides.
This is just an initial meet up, from here we can organise club runs around our area and other activities but for now I'd just like to see how active the mr2 community is in Hawkesbay.

I've made it 28th of October to give us a bit of time to prepare. My cars off the road atm anyway, another friend of mine just blew a frost plug out and another has just got his run in tune down in Palmerston North, and will be making his way here for a power tune at WRC developments (videos to come).

We will meet at the Mitre10 mega car park, at 2pm 28th of October, hope to see you there 8)

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Ross

Re: HawkesBay Meet&Greet 28 October

Post by chief1eye »

Hi Tom, Sounds like a great plan. Plenty of time to get organised. There is bound to be a few keen members from the Bay of Plenty that would like to roll down to the Hawkes Bay for the weekend. We will keep in touch. Are we talking Mitre10 Mega, Napier or Hastings? You picked a great time at 2pm. Plenty of time for us to get down to your patch without having to get up too early. Looking forward to see all you guys and speaking MR2 language!

tomnomnom
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by tomnomnom »

Yes would love to see more down in the Hawkes bay!

Yes it's Napier, sorry how do I edit that?

MR2PWR
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: Looking for an MR2
First name: Dixon

Post by MR2PWR »

hi we could be interested in coming along too for this one ............... :)
hometown is Churton Park, Wellington .................

previous car a 1990 Red SW20 targa top manual,
now have a 2004 Blue ZZW30 Spyder, 6 speed Manual

tomnomnom
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by tomnomnom »

The more, the better!

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Okay. Time to get sorted. So I am definitely heading to Napier for the meet on the 28th October. And probably gonna take to Red SW20 Targa car for a blast.

The best and cheapest option for accommodation is just to hire a house through Air B&B which I have. Has 4 bedrooms with a total of 6 beds. So if your keen I'll throw in the accommodation for free! First in gets the beds. There are 2 rooms with 2 single beds in each and 1 room with a double bed and I'm taking the other room. Is that a deal or is that a deal! Check out Cosy Surburbia Air B&B Napier. I booked this place tonight, just awaiting final confirmation from the owner.

Don't miss out on the Inaugural EPIC Napier Weekend!

Gaz007
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wairarapa
First name: Gary

Post by Gaz007 »

Hi guys Welly and Wairarapa groups are looking at coming up to support you on the 28th :D , sounds like you might get a big turn out.
Is there a twisty road you'd recommend for after the 2.00pm meet 'n' greet .....I've got something sorted for on the way up 8) Cheers Gary :D

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

We will have to rely on TOM for some local knowledge about a little twisty route .

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

chief1eye wrote:Okay. Time to get sorted. So I am definitely heading to Napier for the meet on the 28th October. And probably gonna take to Red SW20 Targa car for a blast.

The best and cheapest option for accommodation is just to hire a house through Air B&B which I have. Has 4 bedrooms with a total of 6 beds. So if your keen I'll throw in the accommodation for free! First in gets the beds. There are 2 rooms with 2 single beds in each and 1 room with a double bed and I'm taking the other room. Is that a deal or is that a deal! Check out Cosy Surburbia Air B&B Napier. I booked this place tonight, just awaiting final confirmation from the owner.

Don't miss out on the Inaugural EPIC Napier Weekend!

Well this accommodation fell through as host didn't respond, so looking for something else. Keep you posted

85AW20v
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Simon

Post by 85AW20v »

chief1eye wrote:We will have to rely on TOM for some local knowledge about a little twisty route .
Have a look here https://www.hastingsdc.govt.nz/roadclos ... apiro-road to see the roads that were closed for Targa Hawkes Bay in May. Any of them will suit a good fun drive.
See ya
Simon
AW11 Racecar - 860kg

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Ive been able to arrange my trip with some work so I will be staying the whole weekend and hitting the Napier office Monday and Tuesday. So I have ended up staying at the Bella Vista Motel
314-330 Hastings Street Napier. Haven't yet heard confirmations from anyone so give a shout out if your looking at going. I'll be heading out Saturday morning from Tauranga heading via Taupo. So anyone coming via Taupo, let me know and we can hook up. Cheers Ross

tomnomnom
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by tomnomnom »

Wow didn't expect this kind of response but very happy!

Of course I know some roads! Just you wait! :D

Seeing as this is getting quite the Attention now and the meet is mid spring in a very busy car park, the location might change to make this safer and for more of a chill vibe. I don't want to take over the car park (too much :lol: )
I will confirm this change of location and provide a map in the next few days

Cheers everyone!

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

How are you Lower North Island crew shaping up.

El Presidenta - Charlie ,who's up from JAFFA land? can I say that?

Redmist
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: John

Post by Redmist »

Booked a room, copilot muzzled, ready to go.
Aw11 86 preface lift ( sold)
Aw11 86 face lift (sold)
GTO (sold)
Celica 97 gt4 (sold)
Lexus sc430

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Sweet , just talked to Jim (Guthrie) so him and Danusia are coming also. And Damian as long as its gonna be fine.