Ellerslie Classic Car Show - 11 Feb 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
4CylinderSpecial
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Levi

Re: Ellerslie Classic Car Show - 11 Feb 2018

Post by 4CylinderSpecial »

Thanks for coming out guys - was certainly a wet day :D
Was great to see interest in our cars even if the focus is on non-jap cars.
Hopefully next year is sunny so more numbers come through!

MIKEP
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

Thanks levi.
Yesterday 3 of us Joel. Levi and myself braved the elements and showed our cars at he Ellerslie classic car show and Concours de elegance. We were one of 2 Japanese clubs invited to this prestige's event which showcases all the top marques and has everything from Alvis to Zagatto there. We got there early set up our HQ (a little blue Gazebo) and displayed the cars. Our position was out in the paddock and as so many other clubs hadn't made the effort to turn up we were a way from the action. It didn't dissuade all people and we got many favourable comments and we got 4 names ,3 good ones for contacts . Cars were all armed with Joels excellent production info/charts and we had individual info on AWs and SWs on the cars . I was surprised how many people stood in the rain to read the stuff.
Thanks to Levi for cleaning up his SW so immaculately and even changing back to standard wheels for the day and thanks to Joel for the lend of his family heirloom AW.
So despite the rain it was great to spend the day with levi and his partner and Joel ,looking round the show and talking and breathing cars.

Incidentally It was at this show years ago that Joels family found the club!! so I guess things go a full circle.

As a result we have been invited to show at Galaxy of Cars at Western springs on March 18th so if you want a day out hanging with like minded folk and sharing your car with the public lets see if we can get enough of us together to show at that show. These shows are great opportunity to get members , talk to people about your car, and look at others cars as well . Previously Galaxy have only had Z Club and MX5 from the Japanese clubs there as well . So its good to see that the classic car community are accepting our wee cars are classics and punch a little above there weight.

Thanks again Joel and Levi
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: CJ

Post by CJ »

sorry to hear it was such a crappy day guys.
I would have thought that if some of the other clubs didnt turn up that they would have allowed you to move a bit closer. ah well.
No one was really expecting that patch of weather to come through. Its usually just after new years that happens.
I have 18th march off, so i will see if i can get my clutch fixed by then...