TRACK TIME at Manfeild

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

TRACK TIME at Manfeild

Post by optional »

Hi guys.
This should really be in the Motorsport section but I want everyone to be aware of what is happening. I will post it here too.
I know a number of you are keen to do track days etc in your MR2s. At present the only option you have in the lower North Island is the infrequent Playdays at Manfeild and the Manfeild test days that are usually mid week. You could perhaps also go to Taupo or even Hampton, but accomodation and travel makes this a rather expensive option.
Here is an alternative:

THE SURGERY SPRINTS

These sprints are run approximately every month, over the middle part of the year. They used to be known as the INTERMARQUE SPRINTS. This might suggest what they are about. The were started as way to have some fun in your classic car and are a competition between the various marque clubs ( MG, BMW, Jaguar etc etc) in the Wellington area. Points are awarded on the basis of whether you are a member of a specific club and whether you are running a car of that make. The sprints are dual-car sprints ( i.e. you start alongside another car, one that you select as competitive or for any other reason) run over three flying laps. Your car does not have to be race prepped, in fact the aim is to encourage more standard cars to get more people involved with the sport. You can find more info on the web site, just google Surgery Sprints.
The issue for us is two fold:
1. You will need to hold a competition license to compete long term, although you can compete twice on a "Day License". To do this you will need to be member of a Motor Sport NZ affiliated club, which we are not.
2. To compete in the series for points you would have to be a member of ..... you guessed it, a recognised Marque club and running a car of that make.
However we can make both of these problems go away, to some extent, for a very reasonable price.
I have been talking to a number of organisers and we have been offered the option of joining the TRIUMPH club for just $20 per year. This is approximately what MSNZ charge as a "capitation levy". This would mean that MR2OC does not have to got through the cost of affiliating with MSNZ and charging ALL of our members an annual fee for something they don't want.
This still leaves us unable to compete in the series for points but we could always organise our own series within the series.
Who's keen?
I will be when I get another MR2!
If you are too the PM me and I will let you know how to go about this.
OPTIONAL

Gleshlich
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Justin

Re: TRACK TIME at Manfeild

Post by Gleshlich »

Will this be for Manfield Surgery Sprints only or a club banner we can use across MSNZ events in NZ?
Current:
1989 V6 Widebody SW
1996 EK Civic Hatch
2007 BMW 335i Touring

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Post by *84vvt »

I need to sort my finances out before any more track days so next year will work better for me .
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

OK guys!
Here it is!

MG Car Club Competitor Coaching Day.

Attached are the regulations and entry fee for this event. Let me know if you are going.It is avery worthwhile day and very helpful if you are intending to do any sprints or racing, or even just playdays. Hell it will even help you to understand your MR2 more on the road.
Enjoy, I'll see you there.
Keith
2018 MG Driver Training day Regs and Entry.docx
(75.13 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
2018 MG Driver Training day Regs and Entry.docx
(75.13 KiB) Downloaded 76 times