Pizza run to Waipu - SUNDAY 21 JAN 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Cai
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Cai

Re: Pizza run to Waipu - SUNDAY 21 JAN 2018

Post by Cai »

mknz wrote:Well if there was no traffic you wouldn't have kept up anyway :lol: I hoped in front of you so you watch what I was doing in case that helped, I learnt a bit watching Charlie when he waited for me. Don't fixate on the person in front of you though, focus on your car and the road; classic biker advice.
Oh yeah, no hard feelings at all man! You were absolutely faster than me and should have been in front. Was too bad about the traffic holding you up. But it was good having you in front of me. Watching your cornering speed helped me judge everything better.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

mickeyduck wrote: On another note we encountered a VERY nasty bump heading south on SH16 at Bridge 920 over Te Pahi Creek, Tauhoa. Felt like it tried to break my car's back! :evil:
My quite firm sports suspension bottomed out and the tyres squashed all the way and I heard a thud from both front wheels.
No good
:shock:

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

I can confirm standard suspension doesn't help. I thought I broke something or crashed

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Hmmm...

Need to start carrying a can of road marking paint. :idea:

"FIX ME"

Or draw a skull and cross-bones.

Actually, does anyone have the gear to whack in some of those orange bollards they always use on SH22 cos they can't be arsed fixing it?

:lol:
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

mickeyduck wrote:
https://youtu.be/V8lP5pZ1YfU

Interesting video. The sound is not that great but I heard all the relevant words - S**T, H**L and F**KING...
:lol:

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Yeah sorry about that. The neglect our government shows for our roads really annoys me on occasion.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

No worries. You expressed my own sentiment very well ha ha.
:shock: