Auckland Run - Sunday 11 March - Mr-Paulio's Cross Country Crusade

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Re: Auckland Run - Sunday 11 March - Mr-Paulio's Cross Country Crusade

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Haha. Nar I'm sure I saw Charlie say even though he wouldn't be AC he would like to lead it. As a one last hurrah I guess?
Perhaps I was half asleep??
Maybe Michael should organise it then? :wink:
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Mr-Paulio wrote:Charlie.
Was I more drunk than I thought last night.... or did you post offering to organise a lighthouse run in April. Which has now disappeared?
FYI. KEEN!!! :D :D
Sorry mate deleted it cos thought I might be stepping on toes... It's great to see you fellas so keen on organising things. :D

But yeah I'd love to lead a run to the lighthouse in April. If I'm not too past it, that is (MikeP)...? :P :lol:

You can lead the way back Paul, it's a truly AWesome road eh.

And if any club member ever wonders if we've done a run some place, use the forum's Search function (lighthouse for example). :wink:

There's a few good bits of road have been sussed out by old coots like myself, that some of you whipper-snappers haven't yet experienced. :mrgreen:
Jasper_Beardly.png
Jasper_Beardly.png (13.97 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

mknz
Site Admin - MR2OCNZ
First name: Michael

Post by mknz »

On a semi related note, if we some how got access to a course, strip or track it'd be cool to have a FRIENDLY Goldy oldies vs whipper snappers.

I would organise it but April is uni crunch, I don't want to organise it and then not show. Hopefully next year when I start the 9-5 grind.

I could search but that wouldn't wind you up :P I'll figure out which way I went, I remember the good bits and see if I can combine it with other people's suggestions

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Ha ha your oldies vs newbies challenge sounds like a bit of fun. Warrants a bit of imaginative thought there I reckon, young fella... :lol:

I better lead the way to the lighthouse anyway Michael cos there are a couple of places it's REAL easy to take a wrong turn and end up going "We're The Fugahwies...?" Done that myself at least twice. And I'm not even senile yet! :P

Hope you can tear yourself away from your studies for a day though Michael cos it's a brilliant trip, you'll love it mate. :mrgreen:

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

mknz wrote:I don't know if it's been done but maybe awhitu lighthouse? It's been a few years since I've driven there so I have no idea what the roads are like now. I'd probably have to bring a jerry can because there's only one petrol station near the top iirc and it's a gas hungry trip.
So are we going to do this guys? I'm getting that itch again.... :P

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Mr-Paulio wrote: So are we going to do this guys? I'm getting that itch again.... :P
What's the date?
Where's the ride thread??
Who's leading it???

Anyhow, I'm in 8)

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by mickeyduck »

Ha ha good to hear you guys are so keen. :D

Just done the AGM and still wading through the large To-Do list it has left me with.

I will post a run thread for this lighthouse mission soon mate. And hopefully it hits a sunny day.

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

mickeyduck wrote:Ha ha good to hear you guys are so keen. :D

Just done the AGM and still wading through the large To-Do list it has left me with.

I will post a run thread for this lighthouse mission soon mate. And hopefully it hits a sunny day.
Sweeeet! I'm in!!! :D

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

Hi Paul (and Auckland guys),
Great to see someone stepping up and organising things. I'm sure that it will be heaps of fun and just remember Paul, if you need advice and it isn't to be found on the Forum then talk to someone up there or send me a pm. I'm sure we can settle any fears that you have.
I'll give you a chance to get all your bugs sorted before I come up there to join in on one of your runs.
Keith