AGM and Tour

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

AGM and Tour

Post by optional »

Hi guys,
just starting to plan the run to the AGM.
It is about 5 hours to Te Kuiti from Otaki so I am figuring on leaving about 9:00 a.m. from Otaki. I was thinking the "usual" route through Marton and Turakina to Fordell then on to the Paraparas. Obviously we would NOT turn off at National Park but continue through Taumarunui.
Those from Taranaki and could join us either at Upokongaro ( where the steamer turns) or at the SH 3 / 4 junction. The Wairarapa guys could catch us at the Horopito ( Smash Palace ).
If anyone has any suggestions as to an interesting, but not too long diversion I am all ears. ( I must have the corrected; cosmetic surgery is wonderful these days.)
My return route will be the quickest, since the departure time will not be early and I have to work the next day.
Keith

UPDATE

Here is the report from NZTA:

SH 4 Otoko
Road Hazard: Caution
Slip
There Are Temporary Traffic Signals And A 30km/h Temporary Speed Restriction In Place Near The Intersection With Macintosh's Road.
Road Users Are Advised To Take Extra Care.

Start: 30 Oct 2017 13:08
Detour route: N/a

Update received: 19 Mar 2018 02:52

Expected resolution: Until further notice.

This means that we may be slowed a bit but it is still passable, and probably still more fun than through Ohakune.
So Sue and I will be leaving Otaki around 8:00 a.m. with a projected arrival time between 2:00 pm and 3:00pm in Te Kuiti. we will detour through Makirikiri Rd to Marton to catch up with anyone ( like Julez) who wants to join us. Just nominate a meeting place or ring Sue on 027 364 5549 and let us know where you will be. From there through Turakina, Fordell and Okoia to join SH 4.
Lunch will probably be in Taumaranui, unless we get very hungry sooner.

See you Saturday,
Keith

Mrman
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Shaun

Re: AGM and Tour

Post by Mrman »

Do we know dates yet?

ClanFever
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Wellington
First name: Olaf

Post by ClanFever »

Mrman wrote:Do we know dates yet?
AGM is Saturday 24th March

I cannot attend this years AGM, my reasons are on the main AGM topic. Shaun, you should spend the $30 and become a member :) - the AGM post is in a Members Only section of the forum.

Thanks for organizing a lower north run to the AGM Keith. I will catch up with you tomorrow regarding.
Ex-President & Wellington Area Coordinator & Lower North MR2 Leader
Current: 1992 Toyota MR2 G-Limited with Gen 4 3S-GTE + CT20B (APEXED), 2005 Toyota IST, 2008 Toyota Vanguard - 2GR!
Past: 1990 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, "Semi Parts Car" 1991 Toyota MR2 G-Limited, '91 G-Limited, '89 G-Limited, '91 NZ New MR2, '91 G-Limited, '91 GT (Parts Car), '99 Altezza 3SGE, '98 Altezza 1GFE, '88 Corolla, '96 Curren, '94 Ceres Corolla, '94 Levin, '90 Hiace Super Custom 4x4, '91 Mirage, '93 MX-6 J-Spec, '91 Familia, '91 Galant, '90 Navara, '96 Commodore, '94 Pajero, '89 Lancer, '93 Pajero, '92 Pajero, '89 Mirage, '92 Terrano, '87 Familia, '03 Colt, '91 Pajero, '91 Pajero, '97 Carib, '96 Carina, '02 Turbo Forester

Mrman
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Shaun

Post by Mrman »

ClanFever wrote:
Mrman wrote:Do we know dates yet?
AGM is Saturday 24th March

I cannot attend this years AGM, my reasons are on the main AGM topic. Shaun, you should spend the $30 and become a member :) - the AGM post is in a Members Only section of the forum.

Thanks for organizing a lower north run to the AGM Keith. I will catch up with you tomorrow regarding.
I see I’ve been meaning to for a while haha I’ll get on it thx

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

No matter. If there is something you want brought up let me know.
The proposed run to the AGM may be in doubt. The Parapara road is a bit doubtful due to slips etc.
I will update late next week.
In the meantime I am intending to leave Otaki about 9:00.

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Mrman wrote:I see I’ve been meaning to for a while haha I’ll get on it thx
Good on you mate, that's the spirit! Helps keep this club and forum going. 8)
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Colin

Post by *84vvt »

optional wrote:No matter. If there is something you want brought up let me know.
The proposed run to the AGM may be in doubt. The Parapara road is a bit doubtful due to slips etc.
I will update late next week.
In the meantime I am intending to leave Otaki about 9:00.
Will see you in the weekend and will travel up with you to the AGM so I don't get lost.
Boosted cars are like hot women.
A little edgy, every guy wants one,
some guys can't handle them,
and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world.

PhotonBeams
Executive Officer - MR2OCNZ
First name: Julz

Post by PhotonBeams »

We are heading up on Friday afternoon to Cambridge so I will drive down to Te Kuiti on Saturday afternoon. Not in MR2 as we need to transport some furniture. :wink:
The faster you stop, the bigger the mess....

98 Gen 5 NA auto
99 Gen 5 NA manual Targa top - project for the cats :-) !

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by *84vvt »

I will be opposite BP Otaki for 0900 Saturday .
as I will need to fill the tank up after Sundays run .

pbaron
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Pierre

Post by pbaron »

Keith is leaving around 8am now so we will have to get away earlier, I am taking the Galant as the aircon died again on the MR2 and without it the windscreen fogs up something bad in wet weather.
*84vvt wrote:I will be opposite BP Otaki for 0900 Saturday .
as I will need to fill the tank up after Sundays run .
optional wrote: This means that we may be slowed a bit but it is still passable, and probably still more fun than through Ohakune.
So Sue and I will be leaving Otaki around 8:00 a.m. with a projected arrival time between 2:00 pm and 3:00pm in Te Kuiti. we will detour through Makirikiri Rd to Marton to catch up with anyone ( like Julez) who wants to join us. Just nominate a meeting place or ring Sue on 027 364 5549 and let us know where you will be. From there through Turakina, Fordell and Okoia to join SH 4.
Lunch will probably be in Taumaranui, unless we get very hungry sooner.

See you Saturday,
Keith
SW20 project car

*84vvt
Life Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by *84vvt »

FFS to may times posted
0800 it is ................ @ BP........ :shock: