Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Jabeo

Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Post by Jabeo »

June 2nd Hampton downs carpark 9:30 meet, drive in as a club 9:45
CAR MUST HAVE CLUB STICKER FOR HARDPARK

Dont know if people know about this or if anyone is interested, but i thought it would be cool to go to 2018 Clubfest
$30 for hardpark with added costs for driving on the track. And i believe there are awards for the club too

Might be cool to just meet up and hang out for the day perhaps, if not i might just go anyway as a spectator

http://www.downtimenz.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/2352070 ... discussion
Last edited by Jabeo on Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: CJ

Re: Downtime Entertainment 2018 Clubfest

Post by CJ »

mmm. so...
$30 to get in (driver and car) for a club display. $20 for a partner/passenger to get in. (unless under 12)
Then to get on the track is $140 for the driver and $5 for a passenger.

So, all up for a car and two people is $195.
A little steeper than other tracks, but it is Hamptons...got to expect that now.
Also get the skid pan to play on too.

If theres enough people interested in a track day, we could do a club display...
Can i suggest (and you dont have to, Jabeo) is that you rename the title to include "Hamptons" and "Trackday". Maybe put the date in the title?
33301705_2025102827809519_5640820277731393536_n.jpg
33301705_2025102827809519_5640820277731393536_n.jpg (112.91 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
Last edited by CJ on Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Re: Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Post by psyguy »

I'm interested in getting out on the track but that FB link speaks of a "cruise". So, doesn't really sound like a "track day" as in go as fast as you can? Can anyone clarify?

numbers
Guest of the Club.
First name: Jakke

Post by numbers »

Club fest is usually more of a power cruise-esque type event

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by CJ »

psyguy wrote:I'm interested in getting out on the track but that FB link speaks of a "cruise". So, doesn't really sound like a "track day" as in go as fast as you can? Can anyone clarify?
Fair enough. I cant get any clarification on how many they will put on at one time. Im thinking its gonna be a big event so might be tough to get much opportunity to fully open it up.
As soon as i get confirmation i can have the day off, i will champion a club display there.
So if others just want to do a show/shine thing and spectate thats cool too.
Im pretty keen for the skid pan too.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

I've been on the skid pan a couple of weeks ago. It was both really fun and a good training/learning experience :)

Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I think this could be a bit of me! :D :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Ross

Post by chief1eye »

I'm definitely a starter. CJ, from what i read in the link. we need to email the organiser to say the club is coming before we can register. Cruising round the track is cool and lining up some Evo's to take down! I'm also be hitting the drag racing.

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Hi CJ

How do we register? The roll racing looks like a good place to unleash the sleeper ( little beat up Mr2)

optional
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Manawatu
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Keith

Post by optional »

Hi CJ,
glad you're on the ball mate, I was totally unaware of it.I am quite interested, since it is a Saturday and that leaves me a day to get home and another to recover, since it is Queen's Birthday Weekend.
The only issue will be that it is the day that Sue and Libby get back from England. I will have to see if I can organise for someone to pick them up.
I'll let you know in a few days.
In the mean time I applaud your sharpness. This is the sort of place we need to be making our presence known. If you are going yourself, or if someone else is going in your place, please make sure you have at least one of the new club banner / flags. If we could get some publicity literature together too that would be even better. I forgot to ask Charlie if there were any more of the "business Cards" with the web address left. I have run out. Even if that's all we have it is at least a reminder for those who you have talked to, perhaps adding a contact name / address / phone number on the back if needed. Gives a personal touch and a point of contact.
I have been wondering if we should contact some of the New Zealand based motoring magazines to see if they have a column or page that is intended to provide clubs with an opportunity to make themselves known to possible members.
Keith

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by CJ »

optional wrote:Hi CJ,
glad you're on the ball mate, I was totally unaware of it.I am quite interested, since it is a Saturday and that leaves me a day to get home and another to recover, since it is Queen's Birthday Weekend.
The only issue will be that it is the day that Sue and Libby get back from England. I will have to see if I can organise for someone to pick them up.
I'll let you know in a few days.
In the mean time I applaud your sharpness. This is the sort of place we need to be making our presence known. If you are going yourself, or if someone else is going in your place, please make sure you have at least one of the new club banner / flags. If we could get some publicity literature together too that would be even better. I forgot to ask Charlie if there were any more of the "business Cards" with the web address left. I have run out. Even if that's all we have it is at least a reminder for those who you have talked to, perhaps adding a contact name / address / phone number on the back if needed. Gives a personal touch and a point of contact.
I have been wondering if we should contact some of the New Zealand based motoring magazines to see if they have a column or page that is intended to provide clubs with an opportunity to make themselves known to possible members.
Keith
Ive emailed the promoter of the event. Expect to hear from them shortly. Thats done to ensure we have some space at the event. Once confirmed, i would expect that they will reply with "you can have (X) cars on the track and (X) for showing."
Ive applied for the day off work, and hope to hear about that very soon. I have a banner of course. If that all falls over, Ross is also super keen to be there to lead the charge.
I (think) i have some cards, but wouldnt count on it till i search my boot....
As for literature, i have the big poster that Joel made up for us which gives details on the history of MR2 etc. Thats always been popular.

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

Just realized that this thread was my original post but renamed, so apologies for the initial confusion ill make note for next time :) Im all for attending on the day, as i have haven't been to many events since my interest in cars. Probably wont be down for some track driving but will be keen to park up and show the car off and maybe hitch a ride in someone else's car if they decide to track it (dont want to get ahead of my own driving abilities LOL)

CJ
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by CJ »

Jabeo wrote:Just realized that this thread was my original post but renamed, so apologies for the initial confusion ill make note for next time :) Im all for attending on the day, as i have haven't been to many events since my interest in cars. Probably wont be down for some track driving but will be keen to park up and show the car off and maybe hitch a ride in someone else's car if they decide to track it (dont want to get ahead of my own driving abilities LOL)
Yup. Fully appreciate you posted it up. I felt that it needed to be re-named as it wasnt catching the intended people properly. This became evident at the AGM when no one knew it was on. Since changing it we got some interest. Hope you are going mate.

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

CJ wrote:
Jabeo wrote:Just realized that this thread was my original post but renamed, so apologies for the initial confusion ill make note for next time :) Im all for attending on the day, as i have haven't been to many events since my interest in cars. Probably wont be down for some track driving but will be keen to park up and show the car off and maybe hitch a ride in someone else's car if they decide to track it (dont want to get ahead of my own driving abilities LOL)
Yup. Fully appreciate you posted it up. I felt that it needed to be re-named as it wasnt catching the intended people properly. This became evident at the AGM when no one knew it was on. Since changing it we got some interest. Hope you are going mate.
Awesome hope that we can all meet up and go or something, so i will get the day off work just to be safe

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

No problems to jump in the Green Hornet and come for a blast in the 3VZFTE!