Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Ross

Re: Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Post by chief1eye »

I will be lining up by about 7:30am for scrutineering. Get in, try and get good position to set up an area for the club, get to drivers briefing ready for first session. Just be careful you don't leave it too late otherwise you might find it hard to get a good park as it may be hard to save a lot of space the later it gets, it looks like attendance is high. Next time we will have to get a couple of garages. Didn't see that option, that would have been excellent.

THR4SHER007
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Logan

Post by THR4SHER007 »

Jabeo wrote:
Hahaha nice, beat me to it. I posted on the page today demanding the timetable lol.
So that was you :lol:
Current:
1991 MR2 G-Limited Manual Hard top
1998 Camry Gracia
Previous:
2004 Toyota Crown Majesta
2018 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
2008 Toyota Blade Master G
2018 Yamaha YZF R3
1994 Celica ST202 Manual
Follow my Instagram @: https://www.instagram.com/logansunnex/

THR4SHER007
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Logan

Post by THR4SHER007 »

chief1eye wrote:I will be lining up by about 7:30am for scrutineering. Get in, try and get good position to set up an area for the club, get to drivers briefing ready for first session. Just be careful you don't leave it too late otherwise you might find it hard to get a good park as it may be hard to save a lot of space the later it gets, it looks like attendance is high. Next time we will have to get a couple of garages. Didn't see that option, that would have been excellent.
I'll just follow you up Ross, may help having more than one MR2 to save a good position for the hard park.
Current:
1991 MR2 G-Limited Manual Hard top
1998 Camry Gracia
Previous:
2004 Toyota Crown Majesta
2018 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
2008 Toyota Blade Master G
2018 Yamaha YZF R3
1994 Celica ST202 Manual
Follow my Instagram @: https://www.instagram.com/logansunnex/

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

If we knew how many people are attending then possibly we could reserve some hard park area?
For those going out on the track and skid pan I doubt it's going to be possible to find a parking spot with the rest of the club unless it's reserved early in the morning.

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
First name: Jabeo

Post by Jabeo »

Im easy on time, preferably i would like to arrive early like around 9 - 9:30 even, but the arrival time for the rest of the club is dependent on what everyone else wants (some people will say ah its too early) i have no real experience with organizing times for a club event, so i think a final decision on a time and a final meeting location for everyone else should be decided by someone like CJ etc.
psyguy wrote:If we knew how many people are attending then possibly we could reserve some hard park area?
For those going out on the track and skid pan I doubt it's going to be possible to find a parking spot with the rest of the club unless it's reserved early in the morning.
The event organizer reckoned that its first in first served on parks, There are heaps he said and that it will easily accommodate for the clubs. He basically said its up to the club to arrive as a group and meet up with those who are already there so that we can get all the parks we need at once and as we see fit. I honestly didnt think there would be much interest when i first posted this up, but now its proper become a big event lol

I am thinking maybe at mercer or the hampton downs gull station, from there we can link up with those already there
chief1eye wrote:I will be lining up by about 7:30am for scrutineering.
and all park up together. Mercer would let us get some gas, some food if no one ate and hopefully avoid massive groups of cars at the hamptons gull. what do you think?

Someone should bring the club banner too
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Post by Mr-Paulio »

I'm keen for earlier to be safe also. 9am meeting at Mercer for food and gas sounds perfect! Probably 930 or nearly 10 by the time we roll through the gates.

So that means Auck crew, we will meet at Drury BP for 8am to convoy and meet the others at Mercer.

Not sure who has banners? Are they coming? Or can some one near them that is coming collect the banner/s?? Speak up :D :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Ive got one banner and will be bringing it

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Tony

Post by MylerMr2 »

chief1eye wrote:Ive got one banner and will be bringing it
Hey Ross, just to confirm we can go for just a show and shine basically, show off the cars hang out and chat, How much was it for just a specator, im all for the track but i gather its going to be busy, ill just save my track time for the smaller track days. The old man will probably bring his SW out for show as well, is there going to be a group area for us all?

Cheers
1990 T-top SW20 Turbo Project/Track/Weekend Cruiser
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

Follow My Instagram - @that_green_sw20

mickeyduck
Life Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Charlie

Post by mickeyduck »

Mercer? That means after ending the run at Island Block Rd you'd have to somehow cut right across the motorway to head north to Mercer - might be a bit dodgy. Why not meet in the big car park out front at Hampton's, there's likely to be tons of space out there cos most folks will be going in, not parking outside. Just my 10 cents.
#8^) Charlie the certified Westie
Retired - President 2012 - 2018
Retired - Committee Member 2009 - 2018
Retired - Auckland Area Coordinator 2009 - 2018
Retired - Webmaster, Forum Host & Admin 2010 - 2018 - Now it's mknz

Financial Club Member since 2004 and thanks to *84vvt and co-conspirators, Life Member since April 2017 8)
100+ MR2OCNZ runs and counting... When going hard, good rubber's your best protection against unwanted accidents. Buy good tyres!
When you're nearing the end of the drag-strip and you have no 'chute, you may as well keep your foot to the floor... Live life. There ain't no second pass. :twisted:

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

MylerMr2 wrote:
chief1eye wrote:Ive got one banner and will be bringing it
Hey Ross, just to confirm we can go for just a show and shine basically, show off the cars hang out and chat, How much was it for just a specator, im all for the track but i gather its going to be busy, ill just save my track time for the smaller track days. The old man will probably bring his SW out for show as well, is there going to be a group area for us all?

Cheers
Yep I think so, CJ can you advise the details again?

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

mickeyduck wrote:Mercer? That means after ending the run at Island Block Rd you'd have to somehow cut right across the motorway to head north to Mercer - might be a bit dodgy. Why not meet in the big car park out front at Hampton's, there's likely to be tons of space out there cos most folks will be going in, not parking outside. Just my 10 cents.
Yep that not a bad idea.

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

THR4SHER007 wrote:
chief1eye wrote:I will be lining up by about 7:30am for scrutineering. Get in, try and get good position to set up an area for the club, get to drivers briefing ready for first session. Just be careful you don't leave it too late otherwise you might find it hard to get a good park as it may be hard to save a lot of space the later it gets, it looks like attendance is high. Next time we will have to get a couple of garages. Didn't see that option, that would have been excellent.
I'll just follow you up Ross, may help having more than one MR2 to save a good position for the hard park.
Sweet as Logan. Be a pretty early start. I'll PM you with a plan

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

MylerMr2 wrote:Hey Ross, just to confirm we can go for just a show and shine basically, show off the cars hang out and chat, How much was it for just a specator, im all for the track but i gather its going to be busy, ill just save my track time for the smaller track days. The old man will probably bring his SW out for show as well, is there going to be a group area for us all? Cheers
Yeah bro, you can go as a general spectator for 20$ or you can bring your car into the club hardpark for 30$. The club area where we park will be determined when we arrive depending on how many cars/club members show up for the hardpark/track. which is why they want us to arrive as a group.

This was taken from the website.
COSTS (At the gate - CASH ONLY)
$30 - Club Car Hard Park entry (Car & Driver)***
$20 - Spectators
FREE - Kids 12 and under
FREE - General public parking

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by Jabeo »

mickeyduck wrote:Mercer? That means after ending the run at Island Block Rd you'd have to somehow cut right across the motorway to head north to Mercer - might be a bit dodgy. Why not meet in the big car park out front at Hampton's, there's likely to be tons of space out there cos most folks will be going in, not parking outside. Just my 10 cents.
Yeah thats actually a good point, sorry i didnt think about that. We could meet in the big car park yes, if we are not expected to pay for our type of entry at the initial entry into the venue if you get what i mean. As the general parking is not far off the club hardpark area. That would make it harder for us all to meet i would think, but it could work . Thats mainly why i suggested a place outside of the venue, but didnt really know where else

other suggestions are welcome, if there is a car park on the other side of the road going into the venue that would be ideal but i have not gone to hampton downs in a while
Attachments
hamptons.jpg
hamptons.jpg (232.67 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Plenty of room to meet down at the Go kart track. It has a big car park and wont be many people down there and we wont have a hundred cars... That one option . But I'll be getting in as early as possible to get ready to rock and roll! Car is looking good getting final tickle up next week.