Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Events include those run by the Club and those run by others which are of interest to Club Members (e.g. track days). Events may be posted or run by any financial club member but an Area Coordinator or Committee may step in. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership

Moderators: Moderators, Area Coordinators

Forum rules
Events may be posted and run by any financial club member but are subject to moderation by an Area Coordinator or Committee. Non-members are welcome to attend events but if you do enjoy them, think about joining the club to help support it and keep things going. http://mr2.org.nz/membership
Mr-Paulio
Area Coordinator - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Auckland
Prime Mover: AW11
First name: Paul

Re: Track Day-Hamptons/Waikato. 2nd June 2018

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Jabeo wrote: I just went off the initial one you had planned, so to not muck up your pre determined times you had organised, so hopefully that makes it easier :)
Yeah I just lost way to transfer it to maps with an eta and directions. Sorted now!
If we can aim for 9am meet that might be safer for us track guys?

So Auckland folks....
We will meet at BP Drury Motorway service centre (Autobahn Cafe carpark) https://goo.gl/maps/iJmNj1N8khK2
From 7:30am. With an aim to leave at 8am for our back country run to Hampton Downs to meet the others.
If you want to chat and mingle at the BP aim for 7:30. If you woukd rather sleep in aim for 8am. Or just before. But we will be leaving at 8am sharp! So be aware!! :D
'89 AW11 V6 Turbo (350BHP & 380Ft/lbs!) :twisted:
'86 AW11 20V (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo "BlackRat" #RatRodStyle (Sold) :(
'91 SW20 Turbo (Sold) :(
South Auckland Area Coordinator

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: SW20
First name: Tony

Post by MylerMr2 »

Mr-Paulio wrote:
Jabeo wrote: I just went off the initial one you had planned, so to not muck up your pre determined times you had organised, so hopefully that makes it easier :)
Yeah I just lost way to transfer it to maps with an eta and directions. Sorted now!
If we can aim for 9am meet that might be safer for us track guys?

So Auckland folks....
We will meet at BP Drury Motorway service centre (Autobahn Cafe carpark) https://goo.gl/maps/iJmNj1N8khK2
From 7:30am. With an aim to leave at 8am for our back country run to Hampton Downs to meet the others.
If you want to chat and mingle at the BP aim for 7:30. If you woukd rather sleep in aim for 8am. Or just before. But we will be leaving at 8am sharp! So be aware!! :D
Sweet Im keen, will confirm closer to the time, but at this stage ill be there.
1990 T-top SW20 Turbo Project/Track/Weekend Cruiser
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

Follow My Instagram - @that_green_sw20

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Bay Of Plenty
First name: Ross

Post by chief1eye »

Mr-Paulio wrote:I have a gazebo if required. 3m x 3m I believe. But I don't have anything to secure it down with. So it won't really be any good in the wind. Let me know if I should bring it?

Also my wife has mentioned coming along a few times. (Whether she actually will or not...?) But if so she might like to join the other ladies and chat chat chat. She does like a good chat! And wine! Although it wont be a quiet wine, or just the one, can tell you that!

I'm just trying to figure out when we need to meet to make this run to Hamptons Charlie shared. Then will organise an Auckland meeting time to make it to meet the rest of you at 930 :D :D
To be updated soon!
Be worth bringing the Gazeebo, I'm trailering my car so will have spare wheels etc and stuff that can be used to anchor down it. Weather hard to predict but looks like there may be a shower or two.

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

chief1eye wrote:The brother in Law has kindly let me use his apartment for Saturday. So my wife will be coming and will be able to host other wives etc at the apartment. So its a good chance to bring the better half and they can stay in the comfort of the apartment, have a quiet wine and chat, chat , chat.

Not sure about pass outs from the track, it says track guys only can get a pass out. We may be able to sneak up to the apartment for lunch. Get a coffee etc. We dont have truckloads of people so should be all sweet.

PM me for details if youre wanting for the wives & kids, girlfriends to hang out there. No cost to them and they get an awesome view of the track. I reckon we will have to sneak up there during the day , for great views of the track and hot food and coffee.

For apartment access just call me on 0274506732 and we will get someone to come out and let you through the security gate to get in the Northern Apartment block. No parking available inside so just park in the general parking area. I am going up Friday night so no problem for those who want to come early

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Prime Mover: ZZW30 (MRS / Spyder)
First name: Ivor

Post by psyguy »

Not that I believe in the long range weather forecast lol but it looks like the weather might just hold till Saturday evening...
:?

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Yeah ,Im crossing my fingers and looking at the weather maps every hour. need some good weather to light up the hornet!

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

MylerMr2 wrote: Sweet Im keen, will confirm closer to the time, but at this stage ill be there.
Sweeet :D

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

chief1eye wrote:...looking at the weather maps every hour...
Some real dedication there... :!:

I check them only twice a day :P

MylerMr2
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
First name: Tony

Post by MylerMr2 »

chief1eye wrote:Yeah ,Im crossing my fingers and looking at the weather maps every hour. need some good weather to light up the hornet!
Yeah i checked the weather the other day, hopefully its not gunna be raining.
1990 T-top SW20 Turbo Project/Track/Weekend Cruiser
2006 Lexus IS350 Daily

Follow My Instagram - @that_green_sw20

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

The rain is coming!. Hopefully looks like we may get some fine weather in the morning but after lunch looks wet , wet ,wet. Lets hope that front slows up a little and the rain doesn't come until later in the afternoon.

psyguy
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by psyguy »

There will be no rain tomorrow.
I'll be washing my car this afternoon :wink:

Jabeo
Club Member - MR2OCNZ
Stomping Ground: Waikato
First name: Jabeo

Post by Jabeo »

psyguy wrote:There will be no rain tomorrow.
I'll be washing my car this afternoon :wink:
Good lets stay optimistic :) i have no time to wash my car so i hope my girlfriend decides to do it while im at work, otherwise ill have to just give it a wipe down with a wet microfibre cloth. for anyone who wants it my number is 02102581035, im gonna bring some snacks some seats and an umbrella just in case lol. Will be good to meet some of you guys from here, i will be in the hamptons carpark at around 9:30 or just after hopefully.

also remember its cash only at the gate!
1992 MR2 GT Turbo :twisted: Complete with Traction control!
1997 N/A Honda Civic EK3 :twisted:

:!: Follow me on Instagram :!: https://www.instagram.com/jabeo_waho/
Im still learning a lot about cars so bear with me!

MIKEP
Prime Mover: More than one MR2
First name: Mike

Post by MIKEP »

I see the rules say "Club cars in the hard park but MUST have a club sticker on display, otherwise you will have to park in the general public area."

I don't have a sticker on all mine
86 AW11 S/C,
81 Porsche 924S
02 VW Golf GTI
Minisprint powered by 4AGE 73D
99 ZZW30 Spyder
04 VW Passat V5
04 Mercedes ML270Cdi
90 SW20 N/A
2022 Club President
Auckland AC-Shows,Motorsport

Mr-Paulio

Post by Mr-Paulio »

Well I am all packed and ready! (I think) Even spent ages cleaning the car. Now you can see all the dents and scratches :cry:
I have the gazebo onboard Ross.
MIKEP wrote:I see the rules say "Club cars in the hard park but MUST have a club sticker on display, otherwise you will have to park in the general public area."
I don't have a sticker on all mine
Mike I have 1 spare club sticker with your name on it I will bring. Might be worth someone bring some if they have more? CJ??

And for those on the convoy from Auckland, I am aiming to be at the BP for 730 leaving 8am sharp. See you there!! :D

chief1eye
Club Member - MR2OCNZ

Post by chief1eye »

Just leaving for Hampton now. Hoping we get some dry track tomorrow! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Hey Logan, you better make a booking with the Chiropractor!